2

"JJ, I can't okay? My parents would kill me."
Cassie hung up the phone and sighed.
That afternoon there were plans to meet at a construction sight, but Cassie's mom said no, so she was stuck in her room trying to calculate how much trouble she'd be in if she snuck out.
The pogues knew that the Wyatts were strict, they just didn't understand their reasoning behind most things.
The girl knew that if she snuck out, she would have to expect unreasonable punishment when she got home, but she didn't care. Cassie had a tendency to do reckless things, date people that were bad for her; it made her feel alive.
She knew her parents went to sleep at around ten, and woke up and went out early without checking on her so it was unlikely she would get caught. A voice in her head told her she was too stupid to pull it off, but she pushed it away like Pope had taught her to.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Cassie sat at her open window at five past ten, ducking outside but then slowly pulling herself back in, doing it over and over again until finally just throwing herself out to ease the suspension she was feeling. It was a good thing she had a room on the ground floor.
She walked all the way to the chateau, getting there at half eleven half conscious.
"Hey guys, what did I miss?"
Kie giggled, "hey baby, where ya been?"
"Hey, uh my mom wanted help with something and said I could stay here as long as I was home a reasonable time tomorrow," she plucked the joint from between John B's fingers and brought it to her lips, "where's dumb and dumber?"
"JJ's in his room and the rest do us are here so I have no clue who you're talking about."
Pope was the only one that wasn't too high to function.
"No he's both."
John B chuckled as Kie sat down on Popes lap making him pull a very twisted expression.
"I'm gonna head to bed I feel kinda sick," Cassie couldn't tell whether it was the long walk or the anxiety making her feel like she was gonna puke, but either way she wanted to go to sleep, "is there a bed free?"
"I don't know, probably," Pope didn't sound sure, he seemed more worried about Kiara putting her arms around his neck.
"Okay, have fun with that," Cassie giggled and wondered off.
She didn't even bother checking Big John's room- he had provided her with a second home when her family was too much to handle- it felt weird him not being there.
She opened the door to JJ's room and froze at the sight of a naked girl on top of him.
Over the past two years, JJ and Cassie had grown quite close friends, always there when the other needed help with home stuff. Their situations were rather different, but it was still a similarity they bonded over and talked about frequently. JJ also knew more about her problems than anyone else.
"Hey! Get out you pervy bitch-"
Cassie turned around and was just about to walk out after the girls remark when JJ called her name.
"Cass, wait. You get out, now-"
"What?" The naked girl threw on a shirt with a look of disgust.
"Get out-"
The girl slapped him around the face before running out. JJ noticed Cassie's fingers tapping her side rapidly.
"Oh."
"Are you okay, you look a little off?"
Cassie chucked him some underwear.
"I snuck out. Are you okay? She looks like she has quite the hit." She perched at the corner of his bed.
"Don't change the subject, are you okay?"
She nodded and looked towards the bedroom door.
JJ threw a pillow at her.
"You're lying, you never look at me when you lie," he laughed and patted the bed next to him.
Cassie awkwardly shuffled into place.
"I feel sick, and like they're gonna come in and get me."
JJ didn't say anything.
"Just- never mind I'm gonna go find somewhere to sleep-"
"Cass, I was just thinking. And anyway, will you be able to sleep if you're on your own?"
The girl looked down, mumbling excuses.
"Come here," he put his arm around her, and watched as she thought it over before relaxing, "are you tired?"
She shrugged, causing him to gently pull her to his side.
"J, when I go home, can you come check on me- bring food just in case they realise."
He nodded and stroked her hair, noticing her breathing get deeper.
The boy kissed her on the forehead, and watched her sleep.
There was a knock at the door.
"Are you naked?"
"No."
Pope pushed open the door, "I thought she'd gone home, I couldn't find her anywhere. Is she okay, she seemed weird tonight?"
JJ nodded, "she was just tired, what do you need?"
"We can fall in the morning, you two look peaceful, are you like, you know?"
"Together, um, no, no we're not," JJ sounded sad.
"Okay, you two have fun- wait no don't she's unconscious."
JJ looked mortified, "I would never-"
"I know, I'm uh- I'm gonna go, night."
Pope shut the door behind him, leaving JJ awkwardly holding the girl. To be completely honest, they hadn't hugged before, let alone slept holding each other; the boy was worried that when Cassie woke up she would panic.

I'm not sure what this is but like it's here- basically JJ and Cassies relationship is more of an awkward oh wait we're never really alone together but it's kinda nice
Comment anything you want to happen in this book cause I have no plan I just decide as I go 😌