"I assume Francis told you." He says before I nod not trying to make eye contact with him.

"I must go to my chambers and write to Christian," I say excusing myself and walking away from him.

"Aurora," Bash says behind me. 

However, I know Bash and I know he is never going to apologize for it. That is just Bash.

~~~

I stand beside Katherine and Francis as we have a guest coming today to the castle.

"Be on your best behavior. He is from a minor family, but they have influence." Katherine tells us as she fixes Francis' hair.

Katherine wants me to be around her during important events so I will learn how to be a Queen. 

"The honorable Count Vincent of Naples." The guard yells as Vincent and his men walk through the door.

"There is no one to misbehave in front of as French Court is nearly vacant." Francis comments.

"Except Vincent," I say correcting Francis because we all start walking towards him and his people.

"Smile. Remember, it was less than a year ago that Henry was at war with half of Italy." Katherine says.

"I've heard he is as cruel as they come," I tell them before we finally approach them.

I see Count Vincent's right-hand man eye me up and down. I shift in my position making Francis notice what is going on as now Francis and I are both uncomfortable. 

"If you excuse me, I have an important meeting to attend," Francis says excusing himself before shifting his focus at me while Katherine keeps a straight face to not seem confusing.

"Lady Aurora, ready to go?" 

Francis and I made our way out of the uncomfortable situation and into a different hall.

"Thank you, it meant a lot," I say referring to what just occurred.

"I would never leave you in a position like that. I must go now, I do not want to get my mom angry." Francis says before leaving me alone in the hallway.

I decide why no just head for a snack. Since I have not eaten the whole day. I quickly make my way down to the kitchen to see Greer with a kitchen boy.

"What are you doing  here?" I ask her as she looks at the ground not trying to make eye contact since she seems ashamed of something.

Why is she dressed like a cooker?

"I would not tell anyone, you have my word," I add in to assure her that I am on her side.

"We were supposed to leave but the guards stopped us. He said they needed the workers for today." The kitchen boy says before I look at him confused.

"All the guards are away. He must not be one of ours." I mention to them.

"Who are they?" Greer asks me scared before I shake my head.

"Count Vincent. It must be an invasion or something. King Henry was recently in a war with him." I explain to them.

"Oh god."

"Kitchen boy, what is your name?"

"Leith."

"Leith, you must protect Greer. I must warn the others." I tell them but all I could think of is Bash's safety.

I know he can protect himself. It is Bash. 

"Be careful." Greer tells me before I nod.

"You should not leave. You do not know what is going on upstairs." Leith tells me trying to stop me.

"Do not risk your life for him. You know he can defend himself. Find a safe location, you do not know what they would do to a future Queen." Greer tells me.

"I am not going to hide. As a future Queen, I must help get everyone to safety." I say defending my title.

I turn around and make my way toward where Bash could be? Where would you keep one of France's best soldiers? As I make my way to the dungeon, I see the Count's guards roaming through the halls. 

"Where is Bash?" I ask one of the guards after I approach the dungeon.

"Why should I tell you?" The guard asks me to be cocky. 

"I am the Queen of Norway. Do you want Norway to go to war with Italy? Why send Italy back to war just because you would answer my question? I can't imagine what would happen to you if they find out you were the one that caused it." I tell him being stiff so he knows I mean it. 

"Last door. I'll keep lookout."

I walk to where Bash is being held.

"Missed me." I say after I open the door.

I know we are not on good terms but that does not mean I should not check if he is okay. 

"What are you going here? It is not safe for you." Bash asks me worried.

"Being a future Queen of Norway has its perks. Are you alright?" 

"I'm safe. My mother paid the guards. You should find a safe place, you do not know what they are capable of doing."