Chapter 7: Embarrassing changes

"Yeah it's true" shahid chirped

We are getting engaged.

"We are?" I asked confused

"Please everyone is seeing us, this is very awkward for me. Besides, it isn't official yet. I haven't decided" I continued softly

"People stop staring. Aaira says she's feeling shy" shahid told loudly

What the hell is wrong with you I protested.  What he was doing was very awkward and I couldn't understand why was he trying to embarrass me. Is this some kind of plot for something? 

"Listen aaira, I don't care about you neither about your decisions. The fact is you're my future wife and that's final. It's better you go along otherwise" he said softly

"Otherwise? What, is this some kind of warning? Are you threatening me? I asked furious

Well how you take it is your choice. I'm just telling what's good for you. He said pouting

Don't you have a girlfriend? I asked seriously

"A" girlfriend?  He asked laughing

Let me clear you babe, look at me. Do you think a guy as hot as me would settle for a single girlfriend? He asked smirking

Why are you doing this? I said almost at tears

Well I have my issues. But I need you to go along with me or as I said you have to face consequences!  He said with a serious and dangerous tone

Oh look university has come! See ya later babe. He winked and got down.

My legs were too heavy to get up, my head was spinning.  How can I marry someone like this? If I reject it what kind of consequences was he referring to? What is happening? I never wanted all this! Never.

I was too perplexed to thing straight or as normal human beings.

I got down with a worried thought and headed towards my class. Today was my first lecture of my dentistry life. I needed to concentrate on it rather than such matters. But would the life allow me to?

I entered the class.  It was a typical lecture hall with seats in each row and I searched for a good place, what was strange was that as a took a step forward I would hear millions of whispering and murmuring, since everyone was looking at me I assumed that it was about me. Maybe something about me and shahid.  Or maybe my encounter with Caroline. 

I went into the fourth row and sat alone as no one was seated there.  I let out a sigh of relief..humans started scaring me.

Just then the first lecturer/professor enter. It was the lecture of the subject named "dental anatomy and dental histology aka DADH". Not much happend during the class, except for introductions etc.

As the class came to an end. I received a message .

From: khatija

Message: sup? I have an good news!!! Mrs Shaziya called, she informed Mom that shahid was ready about the engagement thing.  Hope now your doubts have come to an end. Stop over thinking.  You're a bride to be. Love xx

Oh. My. God is this really happening? What should I do? Just then I got another beep indicating other message.

From: unknown

Message: hey love, I said yes  for our engagement. I hope you're excited as less as I am, lol.  You have to say yes, okay? There's no other option.

Loads of love,

Shahid aka your fiancé

To: unknown

Message: first of all how did you get my number?  Secondly I am gonna say "no". Let's see what you do about it

Aaira

From: shahid

Message: oo I have my ways to get number,  it was too damn easy for me. Oh guess you want to end your career so soon? So bad, university shall loose an bright student. :( :(

To: shahid

Message: what do you mean? Please be clear!

From: shahid

Message: well you see, I hope you know that I'm the president of the student council. Any evidence I give that you're involved in any of the social evils. The next second you're out. And you know, the university will give an letter issued to other universities which means you shall not get admission across the seven seas! I hope this was really clear.  Still saying "no"?

To: shahid

Message: you would really do that? Are you human or an devil?  Why are you doing this with me? What have I done? Curse you.

From: shahid

Message: well devil are hot, so am I.  Well you're cute, if that's a good enough reason. Curse me? That's too rude wifey. Looks like I have to get arrangements done for day after tomorrow. Get a facial done for yourself. And hey don't tell this to anyone, or you know, say good bye to university of your dreams :')

I was in real tears at the last message. I have to say yes there's no option .I have got this scholarship with so much of hard work and so much of my parents hard earned money. I can't do this to them. Their dreams? Their money? Their hard work!

To: khatija

Message: hey, that's cool. Tell mom it's a " yes" from my side too. :)