Chapter 5: Umm, awkward

Walaikumsalam, i told trying to sound very calm

Jeez, chill man he told and winked proving that it didnt sound calm at all.

I wished Mrs Shazia and she literally crushed me in her hug,

' wow! youre so beautiful darling"she said

So embarassing. So so embarassing. i scoffed.

I giggled, gosh did I just giggle? whats wrong with me? Aaira simply DOES'NT giggle.

i led shahid in to the drawing room and by then mom led Mrs shaziya to the living room.

"Shall i switch on television for you?" i asked him

"Nah, ill just be on my mobile"he said clearly engrosssed in it.

very well i told him and left.

Back in the living room, Mrs shaziya wouldnt stop talking about me.

sometimes she would compliment again and again about my looks, sometimes about my character, sometimes about my brain, etc.

It was overwhelming in the begining but now just it was plain embarassing and awkward. i mean come on how should i react when she compliments? By acknowledging i am awesome or by correcting her by telling otherwise.

i just smiled whenever she spoke of me and fidgeted my legs. because thats what i was best at. 

Khadija wiggled her eyebrows suggesting something which i was too dumb to understand.

"Aaira dear, go and serve the snacks in the drawing room"my mom told me pushing the food trolley towards me.

"umm okay mom, sure"i told her.

As i was gonna enter the drawing room, i could hear shahid speaking on the phone to someone.

I didnt care and wouldnt wait for him to end the call, so i said screw manners, knocked and opened the door.

"okay gotta go, love you too"shahid told before he hung up.

i was shocked, and i stared at him. before he raised his eyebrow suggesting me to stop staring.

"i dont care"i murmerd and pushed the troley towards him.

"serve yourself"i told and walked towards the door

"hey wait"he said

yeah? i asked him

"how did you find your university life"he asked me

"nothing exciting"i told him

"yeah thats what boring people tell"he chuckled.

"im not boring"i protested.

"yeah sure, you aint"he told me smirking.

"anything else?"i asked clearly annoyed.

"do you want me to make your life entertaining?"he asked

'and how do you intend in doing that?"

"i have my ways, honey"he winked

"dont honey me"i said grumpingly

'okay grumpy, as you say"

My chest was exploding with the charm of his looks and when he spoke i wanted him to never shut up.

i quickly headed towards the living room, and Mrs shaziya hugged me again.

okay now what i imagined. did she find some new good thing about me?

"Im leaving hun" she said lovingly.

"take all your time to think"she said smiling and called out shahid to get ready to leave.

"Think what?"i murmed with a frown.

Khadija grabbed my hand and took me to the room and squealed.

"Yeah okay today is the last day of my ears. RIP them"i told pissed.

" She wants you to be her daughter in law, she wants you to get married to shahid.

                                                               .

                                                               .

                                                               .

i think the next 10 seconds i clearly went into coma because everything around me became misty and blurred.

Khadija shook me hard.

"WAIT! WHAT?" 

note: yes my chapters are short but always having some twist or turn in it! if you like where this story is heading, vote, comment your feed back and share with you friends. I apologize for updating almost like a zillion years late. Aaira is perfect, not me :P. thanks for reading and love you all. :)