Chapter 19

~*~*~Liam’s POV~*~*~

I had just walked out of Maya’s room to give Hayley some time with her after they hooked her up to some machines, when my phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID, Management. Well this is great. I accepted the call and put the phone up to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Liam, it’s Simon.”

“Hey Simon! How’s it going?”

“Fine. Anyway I have some bad news for you.”

“Yes?” I asked as my eyebrows furrowed. What had I done now?

“Well it seems that your little girlfriend’s drama has gotten out to the paps and they want to set up an interview with you about your new ‘mystery girl.’ We need to do some damage control, but I need to ask you something.”

“Ask me what exactly?”

“Do you like the girl?”

“Well, yes but-“ I started to say before Simon cut me off.

“Wonderful. Thank you Liam. Oh, and I need you bys to get back on the road tomorrow, we do have a schedule to keep. We don’t want to disappoint any fans now do we?”

“No, but-“

“Wonderful! I’ll talk the details over with Paul. Bye Liam.” Simon said before the line went dead.

I walked into the waiting room, once again, and I sighed as I sat down in the chair.

“What’s wrong mate?” Niall asked, coming over to sit next to me.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Liam! Of course I wanna know; why wouldn’t I wanna know?”

“I dunno. Simon just called and said that the paps found out about Hayley and they want to interview me about my new ‘mystery girl.’ On top of that, Simon said that we need to get on the road tomorrow. He didn’t sound too happy with me.”

“I can believe that.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well first off, you stopped the whole tour to be with Hayley, which is understandable, but it’s taking time away from the tour. Luckily our next concert isn’t for a few days, but that doesn’t mean that Simon isn’t angry. And you being with Hayley takes away a single member of the band, which is never good with sales might I add. So yeah, I can see why Simon isn’t the happiest camper right now.”

“Well when you put it that way, it makes me seem like a diva.” I chuckled.

“Oh yes, Liam you’re the biggest diva I know! I don’t know how I put up with you!” Niall said, dramatically putting his arm over his eyes.

“Oh shut it Sir Eats-a-lot” I said, shoving Niall in the shoulder.

“Watch it Spoonaphobia!”

“Hey! Don’t bring spoons into this!” I gave Niall a hard shove in the shoulder and he went flying out of his chair, limbs flailing around. I burst out laughing.

“Stop it Liam! It’s not funny!” Niall said as he got up, his face was blood red.

“If it’s not funny, then why am I laughing? Huh?”

“Stop it Liam! Hayley tell Liam to stop bullying me!” I turned around to see Hayley leaning on the door, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

“What are you two up to now?”