Prologue (Emma)

"Emma Walker, you have broken all Ten Commandments." The judge, who is very much ancient-looking, stares down at me, an almost disgusted look on his face.

"You worshipped another human as a god."

I flinch at the reminder of my idiocy.

"You made a shrine to the being." The young woman judge declares.

Why was I so stupid?

"You took the Lord's name in vain." The youngest of the five says, his little legs dangling off the chair.

Who doesn't? But I should've been more conscious of it.

"You did not remember the Sabbath." The somewhat old woman says, looking highly upset.

No, whenever he needed me, I worked. I never rested until he was happy. And not to mention what happened after...

"You did not honor your mother and father." The judge who seems to be in thirties declares, his face contorted with disgust.

I blamed them and cursed them for all I went through.

"You murdered two individuals." The little boy judge says, softly pounding his fist onto the table.

I'm so sorry to him, I wish I hadn't.

"You committed adultery." Back to the young woman judge.

I wanted to know what true happiness was.

"You stole from your neighbors." The kinda old lady takes up after the young woman. She looks at me with a bit of pity though,

I did it to escape. I'm sorry to them, but I needed to leave.

"You lied to many people around you." The old man says, his wrinkles more pronounced with his anger.

I know I did, but I did it to live. Though, it didn't work.

"You coveted for your neighbor's possessions. Though it was more like you wanted to have their lives. You wanted to be anyone, but you." The middle aged man says again, looking to the old man to lay down the final verdict.

Had to nail that one on the head, huh?

The old man clears his throat, "Emma Walker, you have committed many sins in your life. You should go to Hell and burn for all of them." I drop my head; I knew this was coming. It's what I deserve for all the terrible things I've done.

"And yet, there is another option."

What?

Another kinda old lady judge picks up, "You feel repentance for many of your sins, you regret your actions. Because of this another path has opened for you."

I look up, hope swelling within my chest. I meet the judges' eyes and they all look at me with critical eyes and say in unison, "You, Emma Walker, are eligible to become a Grim Reaper."