Chapter 1: Interests and Connections

Start from the beginning

"Lize, are you here? I brought tea." A female voice spoke to Lize. She looked behind her to see a woman with what can be described as animal ears on her head and dressed in a maid outfit while holding a tray of the aforementioned beverage.

Inui Toko is a Cerberus who runs a tea shop in the city, and is a good friend of Lize. She may look and act young from an outside perspective, but her age surpasses that of many, claiming that she lost count on two hundred years.

"Thank you, Toko." Lize said as the Cerberus set the tray down on a table. They both take their seats across each other and Toko picked up the porcelain teapot and poured the contents to the cups.

"I heard that you escorted the two princes of Felgarde on your way here. Is that true?" Toko asked Lize who hummed.

"It was more by chance really. We came across each other and happened to share the same goal of saving the town from the bandits that are attacking it, and you know the rest." Lize replied as she took a sip from her cup. Toko nodded. "What do you think of the people of the southern plains? The Felgardians, to be exact." Lize asked and Toko goes into thinking.

"Hmm, I'm not so sure. Now that I think of it, I've lived for so long already and I've never met a Felgardian before until now." Toko mused as she continued to think for an answer. "I don't really know. Helestan intellectuals referred to them as aggressive and territorial in nature, but I don't want to believe their words unless I see for myself." She said. "What about you, Lize? What are your thoughts now that you've met them, two princes of the House of Felgarde no less?"

"Where do I start...? For starters, they've just disproved some of the things that I was taught about." Lize said.

"Like what?"

"Well, how do I say this... They're hospitable?" Lize with uncertainty. Toko raised an eyebrow.

"You don't sound too confident in your answers." Toko commented.

"It's just unbelievable. They offered help in the restoration of the town that they almost singlehandedly saved. Even Prince (Falric) and Prince Dale personally lifted materials for the repairs." Lize continued. Toko hummed in understanding.

"Huh. That's quite uncharacteristic for them considering they are of royal blood." Toko said and Lize nodded. "That also explains why it took you days to come back here." She added.

"Yeah. I had to stay since I might as well bring the princes with me on my way back. As a sign of courtesy, you know?" Lize said. Toko smiled.

"You're so kind." Toko told Lize with a smile, causing the princess to blush.

"Ahah... Thanks." Lize muttered as she took another sip from her tea.

"What about the princes?" Toko asked Lize as her smile slowly grew into a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Lize said, genuinely clueless to what the Cerberus meant.

"You know, them. Do you find at least one of them..." Toko intentionally trailed off with a knowing look on her face. Lize caught what she meant and her blush brightened.

"Please don't." Lize told Toko who laughed in response.

"Ahaha! Alright, I'll stop with the teasing. But seriously, what do you think about them?" Toko questioned with interest painted on her face.

"What makes you ask that though?"

"Well, like I said, I never met a Felgardian before, much less someone of royal descent. It's natural for me to be curious, no?" Toko said. "Besides, I'd like to hear opinions from a friend." Lize smiled after hearing that.