FIVE

Harry walked down the busy streets of New York City, pushing past people apologetically when necessary as he admired the city that was vibrantly lit up around him.

It was getting close to 6pm, the sky was becoming darker and the September breeze was becoming cooler as Harry decided to walk home and he was reminded of the day he met Louis, Niall and Katya.
Katya.

Ever since he had seen Katya again at the book shop Harry had found himself entering the store with no reasoning.
He had just wanted to see her.
And she had looked forward to his visits every day.

As he walked his thoughts were consumed by his new creative plans and ideas for his poetry and he debated stopping and writing the lines in his notebook in fear of forgetting.

He was suddenly pulled from his thoughts when he turned the block and saw a familiar face attempting to juggle at least 15 watermelons outside of a dingy apartment building.

It was Niall, his platinum hair and blue eyebrows unmistakable.

Harry couldn't help but chuckle at the strange sight before quickening his pace and crossing the street to approach the boy who was becoming more and more frustrated with the fruit.

"Of course it had to be fucking watermelons, she couldn't have just had a normal fucking idea," the boy mumbled under his breath, wiping his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand before attempting to carry the pile of watermelons up the shabby staircase.

"What do you call a serial killer watermelon?
A slaughter melon.""

The blonde boy looked up at Harry with a confused expression, startled by the voice but after a few seconds he burst into a laughing fit and some watermelons rolled down the staircase.

Harry began to laugh too and remembered the boy's distinct and joyous laugh from the party where he met Katya.

Harry just loved Katya's joyful spirit and Niall seemed to also carry the same infectious laugh and goofy smile.

"That was the worst joke I have ever heard," the blonde boy announced with a grin before dramatically sighing at the falling watermelons around him.

"So, who's fruit market did you rob?" Harry joked, bending down to help Niall lift the large watermelons that were carelessly sprawled around the bottom of the staircase and Harry was initially surprised at their heavy weight.

"Your mom's," Niall replied jokingly with a teasing grin and now it was Harry's turn to laugh loudly at the immature and stupid comment.

He liked this boy.

He seemed fun and despite his intimidating appearance and clothing, Harry could see that he was actually not scary at all.

"How have you been, Niall?" Harry asked with a grin and Niall just shook his head before his smirk appeared again.

"Still alive...well just about," Niall joked and the two boys laughed again.

The boy's name was unique and after distinguishing his Boston accent Harry pieced together that Niall probably came from Irish descent.

"So, you must really like watermelon," Harry teased and Niall laughed again.

He liked Harry.

"Actually they are for Katya," Niall sighed, rolling his eyes but Harry's ears perked up at her name that was said so casually by Niall.

"She has some idea for a photo shoot or something and if Katya has an idea she will follow through with it no matter how crazy it is," Niall rambled but Harry could clearly see the playfulness to his slight mocking.