chapter 2

Suddenly it became bright for them as they were outside an orphanage and a woman's voice was heard narrating the story of Cinderella as the young girl came with her father before Lady Tremaine married him and brought Anastasia and Drizella into their lives.

"This seems familiar..." Cherry murmured as she was dressed in old-fashioned clothes now like Atticus was.

"This seems oddly familiar." Atticus murmured.

"I just said that," Cherry glanced at him, then looked over. "Cinderella! It's us!" 

The beautiful blonde girl only tilted her head, she didn't seem to know them.

"Atticus and Cherry, remember?" Atticus asked her.

"Are we in the past?" Cherry then thought.

"Daddy, can we please adopt these two?" Young Cinderella asked.

'Cinderella wanted Cherry and Atticus to be adopted since her mother had died and she felt a little lonely and her father was just recently widowed.' the narrator explained to the players.

"Oh, this must be when we first met Cinderella, the game is narrating to the players." Atticus whispered to Cherry.

The kids had to go through with their Cinderella adventure, luckily the kids playing the game appeared to be experts. Soon the game ended and it was now 8:00.

"Closing time!" Mr. Litwak called to the gamers.

"I guess we're staying here." Cherry shrugged to Atticus as the credits were rolling and they were now being left alone by the two kids from before.

"Now what?" Atticus asked.

The lights were turning off then.

There was the girl in a dance-dance-revolution game as she did some dances and looked around. "Alright, all clear!" she called to the other game characters. 

Two guys in Street Fighter kept fighting, then took a break and decided to go to a 1980's video game called Tapper which was a bar tending game for the older gamers.

"Let's get going and meet the others." Atticus said.

Cherry shrugged and followed him out as Game Central Station was now open and many other video game characters were leaving their games and going out to hang out with each other. 

"Party!!" a platinum blonde girl wearing pink all around, even having a strawberry-like hat on burst out the doors and was skipping along and having a sweet, cheerful smile.

"I can't believe this, we're actually in a video game world and we have our own video game." Atticus said.

"Interesting... Excuse me, little girl..." Cherry greeted the hopping girl.

"Yes, sir and ma'am, can I help you?" the girl asked with a sweet grin. 

"We're not from here, can you tell us how to get out?" Cherry asked.

"Get out?" the girl giggled. "Why would you ever do such a thing? It's 8:00, closing time, time to have some real fun! I'll see ya later, I'm meetin' some of my bestest best friends!" she hopped off.

"I think I just got diabetes from talking to that girl..." Cherry cringed.

"Let's go and see if there's something we can do around here like go to a party." Atticus suggested.

"I dunno..." Cherry shrugged.

A lot of the smaller game characters ran away in terror.

Cherry and Atticus looked over to see Fix-it-Felix himself coming over.