Chapter 2 : Missing Friends

Mercy went  inside the forest. She saw Angelica crying for help.
"Angelica! "

"Mercy ! Help me ! " Angelica pleaded.

Mercy tried to grab Angelica's hand but couldn't reach her .
Someone was pulling Angelica away from her.

"Angelica! "

Then , Mercy suddenly woke up. It was just a dream . She felt relieved somehow . However , it was no ordinary dream . It was a really bad dream .
She suddenly remembered her friends . She realized how deeply she missed them . For the past month she had been very busy with her studies that she forgot to contact them .

She decided to send them a message . Just to know if they're doing good.
After a minute , her phone vibrated.
Jyrra was calling her on messenger .

"Jy " Mercy smiled .

"Mers , thank goodness . You finally messaged us " Jyrra replied.

"Sorry , I was very busy.  What's up?  "

" Something weird is happening to our friends. Earlier , Pamela called me. I answered the phone but my teacher caught me. I had no choice but to drop the call . However, she told me that there was a problem . She mentioned Angelica and Kaye . " Jyrra told Mercy .

"Jy , I don't really feel good about it.  Before you called me , I had a terrible dream . Angelica was crying.  She wanted me to help her.  But the scariest of all was I found myself inside the forest . "
"Mers , I also have something to tell you . I keep receiving drawings of leaves , trees or twigs . I don't even know who sent me the drawings. It's very confusing   " Jyrra asked.

"Really? I don't know what to say .If it's not threatening , then I suppose it's okay. Nothing to worry about .  By the way , did Pamela call you again or sent you a message ? Can you also check on Angelica? I'm really worried. "

" I don't know . My teacher confiscated my phone . Oh my god!  What if Pamela sent me an important message? Mers , what should I do?  "

"Jy , it's okay . Just ask your teacher tomorrow. "

"I'll try but I cannot promise . In the case of Angelica , I will try calling her. I'll inform you later. Hey , Mers , be sure to reply me immediately . Okay?  "

Mercy just smiled. After the call , Jyrra immediately call Angelica . She found out Angelica and her sister exchanged phone . But Angelica was okay , she was with Kaye . That's what Angelica's sister told her . She believed and sent Mercy the information . But the latter wasn't convinced. However , she tried to relax her mind and went to bed .

The next day , Jyrra went straight to the guidance office.  She wanted to retrieve her phone . She begged her teacher to give her phone back . But the teacher said no . She politely asked her to check if there was a message from Pamela.  After convincing many times , the teacher agreed .
She checked the phone , saw a message from Pamela and read it right away.
Instead of feeling joyful , the words were too painful to bear .
Angelica and Kaye were missing . That was the problem.
She returned the phone to her teacher . She left the office immediately . She got her bag and skipped all her classes.

When she finally got out of the school , she immediately called Mercy . She told her the information she got .
"Mers , I'm skipping all my classes today . I'll go home and check Pamela . I tried calling her already but she's not answering her phone.  I'll update you . This is really serious. "

"Yes, I agree . I decided to go back home , too . I'll inform Justine and Melchi . This isn't something that we should hide from them . "

Jyrra hurried back home .