→ 𝙰𝙲𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙾

ACT TWO:

ACT TWO:

ᴀ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ

𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

ALEXIS STARED OUT into the ocean, her eyes observing the way the waves tumbled over each other as they fought their way onto the shore where she currently sat. The sun was sitting peacefully in the distance, the colors showering the sky with shades of purple and pink. It gave a sense of calm to Alexis, who always felt at ease with the ocean.

Then her thoughts traveled further, even deeper than she wanted. To his arrogant, sea-green eyes and stupid smirk with all the girls swooning over him. If only they knew what an arrogant, pompous jerk the darling of the Captial truly wa-

"Are you not hungry?" Rael's voice brought Alexis out of her thoughts as she glanced over at her boyfriend, whose eyes were filled with concern at Alexis' full plate. 

"Of course I am," Alexis smiled at his concern as she picked up the sandwich and made a show of taking a big bite of it, not taking note of the way she held the sandwich in her hands.

Rael threw his head back and laughed as the sandwich fell apart, making a mess around them as Alexis desperately tried to clean up the mess. 

"Let the seagulls have it," Rael reached out to grab her hand that was reaching for the crumbs on the blanket.

"You worked so hard on this though," Alexis pointed out, feeling bad that she was already making a mess out of their date.

Her words rang true though. Although Rael tried his hardest to hide it from Alexis, he spend a lot of time preparing for the evening, making sure everything was set perfectly, and even asked for Maisie's input. Alexis thought it was sweet, especially since it kept her mind off the reaping for tomorrow. It was their last year, and Alexis was praying to whatever god there was to let her and Rael escape it unscathed.

"Don't worry about it," Rael shrugged it off easily as he reached forward, his hand trailing up her leg in a provocative manner. "There are other things to do as well."

"Rael," Alexis scolded, slapping his hand away as she turned to look around the beach to see if anyone else was present. "We're in public."

"And?" Rael smiled as he leaned in and left trails of kisses down her neck.

Alexis giggled before pulling away and playfully slapping him on the arm. Rael leaned forward again as Alexis scrambled onto her feet and lifted a playful finger at Rael in a warning. 

"Rael, I'm warning you-" Alexis didn't have time to finish her sentence as Rael shot up, leaving a few seconds for Alexis to release a small, surprised squeal and run away as he chased after her with a laugh. 

It didn't take long for Rael to catch up as he wrapped his arms around the petite blonde, who released several giggles as he spun her around several times until he decided to place her back down on the sand. Alexis immediately missed the warmth of his arms as he pulled away and put on a fake pout as she turned around to face him, only to freeze when she met his warm, almond eyes. 

Because there Rael was, only he was down on one knee and holding up a ring. Not just any ring though as she stared down at her mother's ring in his hand.

"Oh my god," Alexis muttered in shock as Rael cleared his throat.

"Alexis Ribbon," Rael began with the biggest smile in the world as he looked back at the woman he loved. "Will you-"

"Yes!" Alexis didn't even let him finish as she finally realized what was happening, a grin spreading across her face as she jumped with excitement. 

"I didn't even get to finis-" Rael laughed at the excited blonde, only to be cut off once again.

"Yes, yes, yes," Alexis repeated as she dropped down to her knees and pulled him into a kiss.

Rael met her with the same fire and passion as their bodies moved in sync with each other, both trying to get as much of the other as they could before they ran out of air. 

When they finally pulled apart, deep breaths filling the space between them, Alexis simply stared deep into her fiance's warm, comforting eyes as the rest of the world faded around her. 

"I love you Alexis Ribbon," Rael told the beautiful blonde as he reached up to caress her face, his eyes absorbing every small detail on her face. 

"And I love you more," Alexis grinned as she pecked Rael on the lips, wishing the moment would never end.