chapter forty eight

Josie

"I swear to the good lord above, Harry Edward Styles, that if you're lying to me, not even Lucas here can stop me from murdering you on the spot," I threatened as I stomped up the steps behind the two boys. Lucas wouldn't let me get to close to Harry after I'd slapped him, knowing I would deliver on my threat for the sake of my best friend.

     I tapped my foot impatiently on the step at Harry unlocked the door and went straight to his office, leaving the key in the lock. Lucas kept one eye on me at all times while continuing to stay as a barrier between Harry and I. I sighed, running my tongue across my teeth as we entered the small office. My eyes narrowed as they scanned over the three computer screens. The only sounds in the room were my angry breathing and the typing of Harry's fingers along the keyboard.

     "Here, right here!" Harry exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest as Lucas and I leaned over his sitting figure and watched the screen.

     My eyes were glued to the screen as I watched Harry leaving the store and locking up. His figure was easy to make out beneath the street lights and just as he had said, there was Kennedy, startling him as he walked down the steps. There was no sound of course but I could tell by Harry's body language he was both angry and uncomfortable, wanting to leave the situation. He turned and she grabbed his hand, pulling him into her and crashing his lips against his. I cleared my throat, taking in an angry breath through my nose until I watched him push her away and look off in another direction. I watched the evil grin on Kennedy's face as we both watched Harry realize it was a set up.

     "That sneaky, conniving, no goo-" Lucas slapped his hand over my mouth before I was able to really unload my anger. I swallowed, trying to calm myself before nodding for Lucas to pull his hand away which he did slowly and moving both hands to my arms in case he needed to hold me back.

     Harry's glassy eyes met mine and I felt a pang of guilt shoot through me. I should have trusted him in the first place but when it came to the people I loved most getting hurt, I always seemed to let anger blind me. I moved forward slowly, wrapping my arms around Harry's neck as his snakes around my waist, pulling me against him tightly.

     "I'm sorry I didn't believe you," I mumbled into his neck, feeling him shake his head, his curls tickling my cheek. I pulled away, keeping my arms on his shoulders.

     "I know you were just protecting, Blue. I would have been the same way," He gave me a sad smile, a few tears slipping down his cheeks, "What am I supposed to do about, Blue? She's gone, right? I lost her?" He sniffled, wiping under his eyes with the heels of his hands.

     "Oh hell no!" I shouted, making both boys jump, "I'm not letting two people I love the most lose something that barely got started," I marched out of the office, waving my arm over my shoulder for them to follow as I paced the hardwood floor. Both boys stood by the office door, watching me with confused looks on their faces, "Indi needs to see the tape, that's the first step. And then we're going to have to figure out where she's stopping to stay for the night and then we'll show her. From there you can-"

     "Jos, take a deep breath for me, gather your thoughts, and then speak. You're rambling, babe and neither Harry or I have a single clue what your plan is." Lucas stated, interrupting my incoherent thoughts. I nodded, taking a deep breath before continuing to pace while also coming up with a plan.

     "Okay, both of you take a seat," I pointed at the chairs across the room, giving both boys the most serious look I could. They both followed my command, sitting with their eyes locked on mine, "This plan is simple but we gotta move fast so I need you both to stay focused, got it?" They both nodded, eyes still on me, "Wonderful. Step one, record the video footage," Lucas shot up, telling me he was on it as he went back to the office, "Next, I will find out which hotel that Indi is going to stay at in Arizona as there's no way she's making the full drive home tonight and she always stops in every state."

"Her phone is off, how are we supposed to find out where she's staying?" Harry asked, making me let out a groan in frustration. He was right, she shut her phone off the moment she got in her car. This was just going to be a waiting game until she turned it back on and called me.

     "Okay, little damper on the plan but still, she'll stay overnight which means we have to wait until she calls me to tell me where she went and her location will show up on Find My Friends and we'll head out the moment it is. In the mean time, let's all go home and pack bags as we're going on a road trip. You," I said, pointing to Harry, "Get this place covered, call whoever you need to. I'm going to call my work and Lucas will call his. It's going to be at least a day trip if not longer." Harry nodded, standing up and going back into his office just as Lucas was walking out.

     "Got the video, I just sent it to both you and Harry. I heard the plan and I'll call my job on the way back to my place as I gotta get some clothes. You think this is going to work?" He gave me a look of concern, folding his lips together. I bit the inside of my cheek, tapping my foot along the wooden floorboards.

     "It's got to, Lucas. We need to get Indi back. I already hate that she left alone. That girl likes suffering in silence and one day it's all going to catch up with her. I just hope we can get to her before it does." Harry came out of his office just then, leaning against the doorframe with a serious look on his face.

     "I've got things covered on my end. I'll drop you and Lucas off at yours, go get some things, and come back," I gave him a quick nod, saying that was the best we could do at the moment, "When did my life turn into such a romance novel?" I laughed at his joke before rolling my eyes.

     "Don't even act like you aren't loving this drama and grand gesture to get the girl back. I know you, Styles, romance movies and books are your guilty pleasure," He just shrugged, a blush creeping over his cheeks, "Alright boys, let's pack 'em up and move 'em out! We got a call to wait on!"

//////////
josie's POV!! will he get her back??