Phantom Thieves

"Did you hear about what happened to Monsieur Contess' manor last night? They said the whole house was in pure havoc" the handmaid said to her fellow "I have heard of that too, they said that lowly thieves forayed there last night and looted all their riches. The lady of the house, Madame Contess is still shocked. Poor woman, must have gone mad already" the other handmaiden said still holding her basket of bread. "Hush, refrain from talking about them that way" the older handmaid eclaimed in a hush tone, getting more wary of her surroundings.

"What? The Contess'?" the younger asked. "No, not them you chowderhead, the Phantom Thieves" the older said. "The what?" the other asked in absolute confusion. The older tsk with the younger's ignorance about the infamous group of thieves. "Phantom Thieves, the ones who invaded there last night" the older repeated, that caught the younger's attention.

"They say that no one has ever caught them. They are that skilled on what they do. Rumors says that if they stole from you it immediately means that you are corrupted or have done something terrible in the past" the younger's eyes widened then gasped "You mean the Contess' aren't as...." the younger handmaiden's shrieky voice turned into muffles as the older cupped her mouth. "Yes, I mean no, it's just a rumor, now will you please lower your voice, Mary. People might hear you" the handmaid told the younger.

The younger nodded then the handmaid let go of the latter. "Even so, be careful and aware of them, you'll never know what they might do" the older warned. Mary just scoffed in disbelief "Why would I be scared by a bunch of filthy bandits who only steals for a living?" she started, Margarette looking at her astonished at the young maid's reaction "I shall go now Margarette, my head maid might be looking for me. The Fryde's are hosting a dinner at The Great Mansion tonight" said the young maiden.

"You should be the one worrying, your Lady wont be happy. Those chickens might fly off and end up in someone else's dinner table" the younger patted Margarette's shoulder merrily while looking at the chickens that the older should be feeding. The older widened her eyes "Goodness, how can I catch those bloody chickens now?" Margarette said. Confused on what to do first, whether to drop the bag of corn kernels she is carrying, close the fence, or run for the already escaping chickens.

...

On the other side of the street, three seemingly noble men are walking and talking to themselves. The two of them snickering "Would you two stop tittering to yourselves" the tall one said "Haven't you heard what they were talking about, Younghoon?" the younger said between laughs "Yes, I heard them clearly I was there too, Eric" the older said not wanting to mind them "Have you seen the maid's face? That was hilarious" Eric told Hyunjae "That's what you get if you telltale this early in the morning" Hyunjae almost snorted "Like you two are any different" Younghoon stopped walking then looked at the two still laughing to themselves.

"What?" they looked at him questioningly, like nothing happened. Younghoon closed his eyes containing his patience. "Nevermind" he said, they continued to walk but the two was still talking, at this point Younghoon didn't mind the two anymore. "I wonder what Hyunjoon told the lady last night" Hyunjae thought, the youngest thinking too. Surely Hyunjoon said something nightmare like again. The two were walking behind the eldest of the three. "Alright gentlemen we only have half an hour left before we go back" Younghoon said facing them both, glancing at his pocket watch before putting it back to his pocket. The thin chain rustling softly as it brush against the fabric, then he looked at them. The two almost bumping into him. "We know now okay, so don't stop walking all of a sudden will you" Hyunjae said.

...

In the hall of their own Manor Chanhee almost slipped because of the playing cards that was scattered on the floor. "Sunwoo, pick all your rubbish over here!" Chanhee yelled "Good heavens, sometimes I feel like I'm living with a bunch of children" he muttered to himself "Sunwoo!" Chanhee repeated "I heard you the first time, stop screaming this early on a sunday morning" the younger said groggily probably just woken up. "As a matter of fact, there's less than a couple of hours before noon, young man" Chanhee corrected, the younger just looked at him "Isn't that lovely" Sunwoo muttered sarcastically while picking up the cards lazily.