The only reason he is hearing it from me, as he puts it, is because he keeps playing mind games with me. I wouldn't have anything to say about what he's done, if he stayed acting like a friend. I roll my eyes as Charles walks back into the kitchen, and sits at the table looking at me.

"Want to talk, lil' sis?"

"No." I try to put an end to whatever his two cents are.

"Fine, I will talk. I couldn't help but overhear the conversation between you and Jason." I sigh, turning away from my brother. "You got to remember that he is still a man at the end of the day. Laying in bed with you and not being able to touch you is probably not the easiest thing for him."

I angrily turn back around. "So, it's easier for him to pick up and go somewhere else? I mean, he just told me that he doesn't care, if she walks out on their relationship, or dump him. He's expecting it!"

"Melissa, he is not your boyfriend. He is someone else's boyfriend. You can't really be mad at him."

Watch me. Yes, I can.

I give Charles a dirty look as I walk out the kitchen with my dry bagel. That is it. I am going to call Aaron up and go with Kerri's plan. I am done going through an emotional rollercoaster with Jason.

*****

After settling things straight with Aaron and explaining to him why I really couldn't stay last night, we agreed to go to Terrance's house party together.

I sit in front of the television most of the day with thoughts about Jason. My thoughts and heart are not on the same page on how to handle him. My heart just wants to text him and apologize for making him feel guilty about spending time with his girlfriend. My thoughts just want to stay angry at the fact that he actually left me last night, after me ditching my first date and him ditching his girlfriend. It's almost as if it didn't even happen, like a dream.

My phone vibrates, and it's a text from Jason. I look impatiently at my phone.

Still mad? 🥺😔

I put my phone down on the table, wondering what advice Kerri would have for me replying. She would probably tell me to ignore his ass and treat him like a friend. I smile, imagining her saying those words. Sold on the sad emoji, I pick up my phone and decide to text him back.

Not as much.

Aww . . . Melly baby hate when we argue.

Me also. Even more than you

We good?

Always Jay bae 😗

Lol luv u Melly bae. U kno what?

What?

I still need to get my shoes.

N u tellin me this cuz . . . .??

I laugh, shaking my head. Only Jason. My phone rings, and I pick it up knowing it is Jason.

"What's up?" I stand up from the couch and walk slowly to my room already knowing exactly what he wants.

"I'm about to walk out the door, Melly. I'm about to go get these shoes. Come and go with me. Let's hang out at the mall."

"Yes." It's not like I was doing anything much anyway.

"Great. I'm parked outside already."

I look out my curtains and see his car. I shake my head and head to my closet to change clothes quickly.