chapter 3

The weekend passed by in a blur.

Sunday consisted of Theo running around the back yard and jumping in the pool. He left on Sunday night. Jessica had joined us in the afternoon and told me all about her date with Brian. Apparently it was amazing and she enjoyed it immensely.

I was happy for her.

So, today was Monday and I was at my locker, currently wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with a black off the shoulder sweater and a dark blue beanie and black timberland boots. My dark red hair was down to my waist in my natural curls, and my face was natural today.

The weather was a bit cold today, so I dressed warmly.

I don’t usually wear makeup; the most I use is mascara, eyeliner and Chap Stick. I don’t like lip gloss, it’s sticky and gross.

Jessica had called in sick, so I was by myself today.

I was taking out some books from my locker when I felt someone stand beside me. I look to my right and see Cade standing there, tall and with a small smile on his handsome face.

“Hey,” he greets huskily.

“Hey,” I chirp.

“How was your morning?” he asks.

“It was okay,” I reply, as I shut my locker door. “How about your morning?”

“Same,” he nods.

“That’s good,” I smile brightly at him. He ruffles my hair in return.

The bell rings and we say our goodbyes and make our way to class.

*

Classes past by in a blur and then lunch arrives. Since Jess isn’t here, I decided to sit with my brothers and their friends.

“Hey brothers,” I nod towards Alec and Alex who are stuffing their faces with food. “Brothers friends,” I nod towards the rest of the group as I take a seat next to Jason.

“Hey,” they reply.

I look around for the hazel eyed, black haired hunk, but can’t find him anywhere.

Where is Cade?

I voice my thoughts to the boys and they tell that he had gotten called to the office.

I frown; concerned that something might be wrong.

“It’s probably nothing, don’t worry about it,” Jason whispers into my ear.

I turn my head to look at him, “Thank you.” I smile.