chapter 2

Yesterday was fun, I found out at that Theo was over because my Uncle Michael and Aunt Michelle were visiting her parents from out of town and Theo wanted to either stay with us or leave with them. He doesn't like his grandparents much; he claims they are 'boring' and 'no fun' and that they always make him eat only healthy food.

Cute little boy.

Anyways, today is Saturday so my brothers and I decided to take Theo shopping, to get out of the house a little bit.

While Theo is downstairs watching TV, I put my hair in a high ponytail and throw on some black skinny jeans, a tight red tank top, a sleeveless denim jacket and red converses. I make my way downstairs and tell the boys to hurry up.

"Lexi," Theo greets, "look I put my shoes on all by myself."

I look down at his feet and see that he put the shoes on the wrong feet.

I giggle, "Buddy, they're the wrong way, let me help."

I take off his shoes and put them on the right foot; he pouts then gives me a kiss on the cheek. I kiss his cheek in return and then we're all in the car within five minutes.

We drive off bickering with each other, while Theo tells me about how he hates this girl called Lola at his school and that she is annoying.

"But Lexi," he whines. "She is so annoying; she always ruins my Lego buildings."

I just chuckle and ruffle his hair. We make it to the mall in a matter of minutes and find a parking space.

"Where do you want to go, little man?" Alex asks Theo.

"Toy store, toy store." Theo chants.

I take his hand and we all make our way to the toy store. On the way to the store Theo suddenly stops and points at something.

"Lexi, look it's that boy that was at your house yesterday."

I look to where he's pointing and see Cade, Jason and a few other boys walking towards us.

"Cade," I giggle, as he makes his way towards me.

"Hey," he nods to me. He looks down at Theo and ruffles his hair.

'Lexi," I look towards Jason, "Hey!" he hugs me.

"Hey Jason," I hug him back.

"Lexi," Theo whines. "Come on lets go to the toy store."

I roll my eyes and ruffle his hair, "Okay."

"Alec, Alex, come on."

"Coming, you guys want to join us to the toy store." Alex suggests.

"Why not? We got nothing better to do." Jason shrugs and then all the boys follow us to the toy store.

As soon as step foot into the store, Theo runs towards the car section.

"Theo, slow down," I call.

I jog after him but bump into something. I slowly look up and see a boy about my age, he has dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and he's tall but not as tall as Cade or my brothers. He's wearing a button up shirt with a name tag that says Trent and the logo of the store.

I look down and see that he had dropped a few toys.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I ask as I help him pick up a few toys that were scattered around the floor.

By this point the boys had reached us and were staring at the worker that I had bumped into.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." He stutters in answer as I give him back the toys.