As Jiao Wei was absorbed in her thoughts, the other concubines continued to chat, mainly about the new Noble Lady Liu, that wasn't present at the time but managed to serve the Emperor for two or three nights, and about the new rumor in the harem; apparently, the Prime Minister wants his niece to join the harem in the selection after the Empress Coronation, her name is ChuHua Hui, daughter of the only brother of the Prime Minister, a Duke of third rank.

She was rumored to be even more beautiful than her cousin, Imperial Noble Consort Qi, known as XiuYing Hui; and for this particular rumor, the concubines were afraid and, at the same time, curious about her; if she's really that beautiful and even smart like Imperial Noble Consort Qi, she might even become Consort in a year! Like only Consort Zhen and Consort Hua, now Noble Lady Xing, managed.

But from what they knew, Imperial Noble Consort Qi didn't like her cousin at all, so if she were to be chosen as the Empress, she won't let ChuHua live an easy life in the harem, 'Imperial Noble Consort Qi will either blame her for something or poison her if she were to be promoted to Imperial Concubine to soon.', thought Jiao Wei.

"Yes, this concubine heard that for the next selection, even some Noble Ladies from Joseon will try to join." said Noble Lady Shen, the concubine next to her, Noble Lady Feng, replied, "This concubine heard it too, apparently only Dukes and Imperial Descendants daughters are allowed to  join, – then, Yue Feng, looked at the Royal Princess Uisun, – Li Pin NiangNiang, did you know about this?"

Imperial Concubine Li, Yi-On Hui, looked with an evil gaze at Noble Lady Feng, and replied,
"Yes, this concubine recalls that my brother sent a letter about what clans will be allowed to present their daughter to the Emperor, this concubine personally picked them since not many Noble Ladies have the standards to attend to His Majesty."

"Oh, is that so?, – said Jiao Wei, looking at Li Pin, – how much Noble Ladies will be at the selections?", Imperial Concubine Li looked at Consort Zhen and replied, "Yes it's right, this concubine picked twelve Noble families to present their daughters, if they're born from concubines, their mother must be a di daughter of a first-ranked Marquis at least."

Basically, Princess Uisun was saying that she won't allow certain people, to her standards, to enter the harem; but Jiao Wei wanted to play dumb, so she rewarded her instead of questioning and punishing her,
"Good, Imperial Concubine Li is thoughtful thinking about His Majesty's reputation and the harem's reputation, this Consort will reward her the high-quality silk that was imported recently from YunZhou, Li Rong, – Jiao Wei called one of her maids, – give to Li Pin's personal maid the reward.", the maid bowed and went to the goods room of Consort Zhen's Palace.

"This concubine gives her thanks to Zhen Fei NiangNiang, Yin Ruo, – also Imperial Concubine Li called one of her maids, – store well the reward from NiangNiang.", "Shi", replied the maid, after bowing.

After Imperial Concubine Li returned to her seat, finally, Li Gong was seen about ten meters from the concubines' gathering.
He was running towards the concubines, while still trying to be composed and respect etiquette, when he arrived, he quickly knell to give his greetings, "This servant gives his greetings to the NiangNiangs."

"You can stand up, – said Jiao Wei, – tell us, did the Emperor and the Empress Dowager select the Empress?"

"Replying to NiangNiang, this servant came to report about the results of the selection by the order of the Emperor.", said Li Gong, while bowing towards Consort Zhen, the latter replied, "If the Emperor gave you this order, then tell us who we should go to greet at the Phoenix Palace."