chapter three

pope and kiara

kiara and pope headed right. ki wore her hair differently so no one would suspect it's her, but a dress just in case they figured out. pope dressed as a server, if he needed to he could explain he was helping his dad. they kept their heads down and tried not to bump into anyone.

"god i hope no one sees me. what will my parents think when i did everything i could to get out of coming, but i showed up anyways?" kiara worried.

"i know what you mean. what's my dad gonna do when he finds out i was here as a 'server'? he's gonna know something's up" pope said "he's been so onto me about 'acting better' for my scholarship. all i wanna do is have fun."

"pope you'll be fine. you're the smartest person i know. you have your life planned out. everyone knows you're gonna make it, they just see a kook when they look at me," kiara explained. pope took her hands

"ki don't say that about yourself. you can do anything you want. you just have to believe in yourself"

"but no one thinks i can do it. no one sees me for me. they may like me or be friends with me but deep down they don't feel the same about me as they do y/n. don't get me wrong i love her and she's been nothing but kind to me. but she was born a pouge and i was born a kook"

"i don't see you as that kiara. you mean everything to me"

she looked at him, "really?"

he blushed, "i-i mean you mean just as much as anyone else."
she put one hand on his face and looked into his eyes. "you mean everything to me too,' she whispered. they leaned in slowly until their lips were touching.

"KIARA!" they heard someone scream from behind them. they turned around to see her mother. their hearts dropped.

'uh oh,' they thought.

kiaras mind scattered as she thought of a good excuse, but she couldn't form any words. by this point they had drawn some attention to themselves, pope tried to come up with a plan. he quickly grabbed a server tray and reflected a light towards the house. everyone turned around to see what was shining so bright, and when they did pope grabbed kiaras arm and quickly tried to escape.