Mudhalum Nee & Mudhivum Nee

They stood there, breathing hard... that look on his face, when she pulled away, a mixture of ache and torment. She looked away quickly, if she sees it for longer,  this anger at him would fade away.

The wet clothes clung to their like second skin, the cold was getting to her, her breathes went raspy as shivers started to kick in.

Kathir's eyes moved up, slowly, to find hers. He could see her trembling body, and fierce eyes. She was talking deep breathes as if she had been running for a whole day. She would get sick in those icy clothes...

"Mullai vandila eru..." he said, as loud as he could through the rain.

"Huh.." she huffed in sarcastically, "Unga help ennaku thevaye illa.." and turned and walked away her head held high. He didn't run after her again.

She didn't know how she was walking in a straight line, the mud and rut was sticking to her feet, and visibility was a real difficult, so she slowed down her pace.  Besides, all she was concentrating on, was that... he didn't follow her.

Her throat constricted and shoulders sagged, and in that very moment, in the rain and dirt, her soaked clothes weighing on her like lead, she truly felt.. all alone.

And the warm tears broke through the barriers and fell on to her cheeks mingling with the rain. She stopped walking and let her head fall into her hands.

The head light of the bike caught the slashes of rain, in yellow hues, and in that he saw an outline of the girl of his dreams, his best friend and his everything in between... her shoulders were shaking, he sped up in panic.

He stopped the bike beside her. She made a startling jump at the sudden appearance of the bike. She looked up at him in fright and almost as if she was challenging him to make a move. The fact that she was pushed him away,  even now, it wounded him. 

There was that ugly bit of hurt ego that started to peek it's head up inside him. He tried really hard to tame it.

"Ohn prechana enna nu yennaku theriyala", he said catching her arm quite hard, this time, she didn't pull away, she couldn't. She desperately wanted his touch. But her look was prepared to burn him with just a blink. He pulled her closer, knowing full well he was playing with fire. "Ana vettuku poi pessikalam," he said, eerily calm.

"Vidu Kathir.." she whispered, but had no intentions to actually withdraw.

"Naduu road la sanda podatha, Mullai", he pulled her to his bike and she couldn't fight his vice grip even if she wanted to. She hesitantly stood there, adamant to get on his bike. He glared ahead and kicked his ignition alive, making her flinch slightly.

He turned his head to the side and raised the gear, finally, she got on the bike.

He raced the bike as fast as he could to her house, in that unforgiving rain. All through the ride the words 'vettuku poi pessikalam' was singing in her head. He said it like he was her husband.. like they had their own world to get back too...

Once they reached her house, she leapt out of the bike and ran up the stairs to her door, Kathir was positive it was to get away from him more than the rain and his ego took another blow.

Her shivers were getting to her, her hands shook as she took hold of the ice cold metal keys and it clinked frantically against the lock. Ears trained to listen for the surrounding behind her, she was cursing herself to get it right.

His footsteps, and the sound of water and leather gushing loud air bubbles, from his slippers and her breath hitched, he was right behind her breathing down her neck, she felt heat from his breath prick her like sharp needles.