Chapter 2 The VHS tape

(author's POV)

                                              Scarlett walked up the stairs, she walked in the opposite direction of her room she looked for the small walk in closet down the hall.It didn't take long for her to find it and her VHS/DVD player she grabbed it and walked down stairs to hook it to her TV.After everything was set up she put in thinking she was going to get something cheesy like a happy birthday video her sister had actually given her three so far even though she moved 5 years ago her sister had thought of the idea on her 26 birthday it was their way of keeping up to date with each other.If they had a bad day or a really good one it didn't really matter.They would record themselves talking about their days all though out the year then put it in a video and send it to each other on their birthday as a double gift.                                                                                                                                    As not to spoil anything she kept the TV off as she pressed rewind after at least an hour worth of the video went by she turned on the TV to only show a black screen which was weird usually it would show her sisters smiling face or beautiful picture her sister took that would be important to her video.She turned the volume just in case the beginning would be loud she wasn't ready to hear any loud sounds yet she just woke up.But the video was more than quiet she turned up the sound to find the sound of feet shuffling soon it showed her dad his usually nice light brown hair was a mess, he had bags under his eyes and looked scared for his life? Her father was like her showed almost no emotion especially fear.She soon saw blood drip down her fathers face she felt anxiety,fear,surprise.There so many more feelings but joy,and calm was not even close to what she was feeling.Soon the more she watch she saw a man step from behind the camera he gagged her father with a black cloth.He soon pulled a clean knife from behind his back it must of been in the holes wear his belt should go he put the knife to her fathers throat pushed as hard as he could and sliced his throat open red liquid spayed all in front of him Scarlett watch as her fathers eyes twitch and closed she felt something in her crack she didn't know what it was but she did know it wasn't good. But little did she know the worst wasn't even yet to come.