2. Imperial Concubine Chun

Start from the beginning

"Is Consort Xi not arriving?" said Noble Consort Shu, her seat was the closest to Imperial Noble Consort Qi.

"That wouldn't be surprising, last month JieJie missed the Second Princess third birthday" , this time speaking was Imperial Concubine Chun, she is from a long time friend an allied with Consort Xi. Since they both despise Imperial Noble Consort Qi.

"Consort Xi should-" before Imperial Concubine Hua could continue her bad-mouthing towards Consort Xi, she arrived.

Then the concubines bellow the rank fei bowed to Consort Xi "Greetings to NiangNiang[3]".

Then, Consort Xi greeted Noble Consort Shu and Imperial Noble Consort Qi.
As she took her seats in front of Noble Consort Qi, the eunuch declared the arrival of the new concubines.

"Greeting to the niangniangs, may they live thousand years".

Jiao Wei was quite nervous, she heard stories from her mother that Imperial Noble Consort Qi was the most dangerous in the harem.

The concubines were speechless when they saw the new concubines, sure the Emperor this time put beauty at the top of his standards.

Jiao Wei and her half-sister were wearing a simple chest ruqun hanfu[4] with different colors, the first one begin with a mix between pastel colors and the second one a more extravagant one, with black and red as main colors.

Noble Lady Ling was wearing an elegant pink and white banbi hanfu[5] that made her look like a flower that was blooming.

The accessories for the three concubines were simple and elegant with silver hairpins, simple colored earrings and, just for Ling Wei, a jade bracelet.

All of them were the beautiful and elegant.

The first to speak was Noble Consort Qi, "At ease, we're all sisters here, you can take your seats"

For thirty minutes, the concubines chatted and introduced the rules of the Forbidden City, but two concubines were silent.

Imperial Concubine Hua and Noble Consort Qi, they immediately understood that the new concubines will soon receive the Imperial favor, not only for their beauty, all three of them comes from Important families.
Their head was already full of schemes to bring down the new arrivals down.

---

That night, the Emperor went to Imperial Concubine Hua to spend the night and not to the new wives. For that to happen, she retired from the meeting early to dress up herself and went to the Dragon Hall to do the chinese opera[6], it was her special thing she used to gain favor, since the Emperor loved it.

Meanwhile, Jiao Wei was at her residence chatting with Noble Lady Ling, her newly friend.
They showed each other talent, Lady Ling was an expert in playing the pipa.

"MeiMei, you should play the pipa for the Emperor!"

"I'm not talented enough, but Jiejie, I saw your dancing at your brother birthday last year! You're like a swan!"

"MeiMei I'm not that talented-"

Then, an eunuch announces the arrival of Imperial Concubine Chun.
Immediately, the two Noble Ladies greets the Concubines.