I like you too? - Jace Herondale

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a shadowhunter and live in the institute in New York.

Characters involved: You, Jace Herondale

Triggers: blood

Request: Ella_Herondale

°°°°°°°°°°

You threw your last throwing knife into the target across the room. Bullseye. Again. You were good with bow and arrow and definitely nobody could beat you when it comes to throwing knives.

"Pretty good." You turned around, just to see Jace leaning against the door frame of the training room. He wore his tight grey shirt and black joggers.

The moment you saw his pretty eyes, your heart skipped a beat. Jace usually never talked to you. He was always with Alec and Izzy.

"Thanks, I guess." Your cheeks blushed a bit.

He chuckled. "So humble. I see. You're really good in fighting with distance. But you need to train a lot more when it comes to sword fighting."

You rolled your eyes. Great, first he gave you a compliment and now he's crushing it with pointing out your flaws.

"Hey, don't roll your eyes on me, Y/N!" He pretended to be grumpy. "I don't mean it in a bad way. I just want you to be safe in every situation. Would you like to train a bit with me?"

You nodded and turned around, pulling the throwing knives out of the target. In reality you tried to hide your bright red cheeks.

As you put the knives away Jace threw a sword towards you. You were surprised since you thought you'd begin with wooden sticks.

As if he read your thought he said: "I think we're both too old and experienced to train with sticks." His grin made you blush even more.

You couldn't admire it any longer since he attacked right away. With a lot of struggle you were able to fight the hit with the sword off, but a second later you laid on the floor.

"Don't only watch my pretty face and upper body. You need to watch every single movement of your enemy." He stretched his arm out and helped you to stand up.

Your back was aching but you didn't show it and refused to draw an iratze. It would have been so embarrasing to give in after a single hit.

After several more knock-downs not only your back was aching, but also your arms, your legs, neck and head. The sword was so big and way too heavy. You were used to tiny throwing knives. They did their job. They killed just as good as this sword, so you didn't get Jace's point.

Lost in your thoughts and trying to ignore the pain Jace smiled and attacked again. This time you weren't fast enough to react and Jace slit the skin on your upper arm open.

Not only a tiny cut. It reached from your shoulder down to the middle of your arms. Immediately blood started to pour out.

You let the sword drop. And so did Jace. His shocked facial expression didn't make anything better.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. It was too much. By the angel, you're bleeding so much." He ran towards you and carefully took your upper arm into his hand. Blood immediately covered it.

A puddle of blood covered the floor by now. You flinched in pain. "Jace, I don't have my stele. Help me."

Due to the blood loss you started to get dizzy. You weren't able to focus and before your knees gave in, Jace took you in his strong arms. He held you and slowly layed you down on the floor, kneeling right next of you.

Jace had angelic powers so he didn't have a stele either. He could activate runes by touch.

"Where's your healing rune?" He searched over both of your arms until you raised your shirt and revealed the rune right above your hip bone.

He gently laid his hand on your rune and the pain immediately began to ebb away. His pretty eyes started to glow golden. So did his hair and his runes. And so did yours.

Some seconds later the gold faded and you felt a lot better.

"Y/N, I am so sorry. I can't apologize enough. It's all my fault." He took you in his arms and slowly lifted you into his lap.

You smiled tired. "It's not your fault that I am such a bad fighter."

He shook his head. "You are not a bad fighter. You are incredible, especially with throwing knives. But I wanted you to be incredible in everything. It's my fault."

You brought some distance between you two. "Why should I be good in everything?"

He smiled slighty. "Every time when you go on a mission, you have no idea how much I worry about you."

Now that confused you. The strong Jace Herondale, the popular and handsome golden boy, worried about YOU? "I don't understand. You never even talked to me before. Why would you care?"

He avoided your gaze as he mumbled "I'm afraid of rejection..."

With that you laughed. "Who would reject THE Jace Herondale? Everyone would die to be with your."

He smiled lightly. "Was that a 'I like you too.'?"

You nodded and he embraced you even stronger. "I'll bring you into your bed now. You lost a lot of blood. And I'll bring you whatever food you want and we'll watch a movie together."

"Sounds like a good plan." You said while pressing your face into the nape of his neck while he lifted you.