I am stronger than I seem - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a young seelie and speak for your people during the downworlder conferences.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago, Luke Garroway, Magnus Bane

Triggers: none

Request: life-in-PURPLE

°°°°°°°°°°

"And why exactly should we take your advice?" Luke Garroway sighed. "You are my age. A seelie who is not even 50 years old, doesn't know what's right or wrong."

Raphael coughed. "Luke is not wrong. Little seelie, you don't know what you are saying. Maybe you should take your time and send someone else the next time. Someone with more experience and knowledge. Not that I want to underestimate you."

He touched your arm lightly. You were angry at his statement. "But that's exactly what you are doing right now, vampire." With that you pushed his hand away from your arm.

"Could you please stop this kindergarten? It's a serious occasion." Magnus seemed annoyed.

The conference continued and you stayed silent. It was always like that. Every single time they underestimated you, told you that you know nothing because you are just a young seelie, that has been protected at all costs. That you weren't worth listening to and your opinion counted nothing.

Hurt by all that you made your way home, back to the seelie realm, once the conference was over. The hood of your jacket covering up your disappointed face. Trying to explain the seelie queen that nobody listened to you, wouldn't be easy. She was strict and cruel. You were kind and respectful.

As you channeled your way through the dark alleys, you heard a scream. Running in that direction, you pulled out a weapon. Near Hotel Dumort they became louder. Probably just a fight between vampires, but you needed to have a look.

With vampires you weren't quite wrong. There was a vampire and you just witnessed him getting killed by a demon. The shouts echoed through your ears.

Without thinking you ran towards the demon and drilled your weapon through its body. It vanished into nothing. A second creature came closer and you did the same with that one too. No effort.

As the demons were gone, you turned around to go. But you stopped walking away when you heard heavy panting. It came from a dark corner in the alley. You walked closer just to discover Raphael. He was sitting on the floor.

You removed the hood from your head. He looked at you, covered in blood, holding both of his arms. His face seemed plagued by pain and embarrassment. "Y/N? What are you doing...?" He couldn't continue since he screamed out of pain, the moment he tried to sit up more.

"I think it's not worth explaining why I am here. What happened exactly?" You kneeled in front of him, examining his arms through his ripped jacket.

"Four demons attacked me and 5 of my people. They are all dead. And I would be dead too, if..." He squeezed his eyes shut.

"Shut up. I don't care. What you said to me in the conference was enough. Don't try to act nice now. I know what you... What you all think about me." You were annoyed, but still gently took his arms in your hands.

You continued. "Both of your shoulders are dislocated. We need to fix that as soon as possible. Keep the screams down."

With that you pressed his right shoulder back into place. He hissed. Without giving him too much time to recover, you did the same with the other one.

He screamed, two single tears leaving transparent streaks on his bloody cheeks. The strong and formal vampire was just vulnerable and weak right now.

You wanted to stand up, but he held you down. "Thank you, Y/N. I would be dead without you."

You rolled your eyes. "I'm pretty sure about that too."

"Sorry, that I underestimated you. What you did there... it was pretty impressive. You are strong for your age. Probably even stronger than every single one of my people. I am..."

You interrupted him. "Just don't underestimate me again. I am stronger than I seem. I was trained since I was able to walk. And if you want to say that I grew up with a golden spoon in my mouth, I need to disappoint you. My life wasn't better than yours. At least you have people to fight with, rather than fighting alone."

He stared at your face. "I didn't know. I just thought you were speaking for your people due to the fact that the queen is your aunt."

"I am speaking for my people because I am the best seelie knight in the whole seelie realm. Not even Meliorn can compete with me. I am 30 years old... Imagine what I can do, when I am your age. Better don't mess with me, vampire." Now you sounded like the seelie queen and it felt good.

He smiled. "I most certainly don't want to argue with you about that. Let's be real. I owe you my life. I can't thank you enough. But I can cook dinner for us, saturday evening?"

You grinned. "Mr. Santiago, is this an invitation for a date?"

He grinned back. "Maybe."