Chapter- 13

Naira pushed Kartik and got up from the bed..

"Naira? What happened?" He went to her. She took steps backwards as soon as he came close to her.

"What happened? Did I do something wrong?" asked Kartik.

"Why did you kiss me Kartik?" asked Naira and Kartik looked at her confused.

"Naira tum..." he was going to say but Naira stopped him showing her hand and said "If you don't love me then why did you kiss me?!"

Kartik had no answer to this question.

"If you don't like me, if you dont find me beautiful or more precisely, suitable for you, then why did you kiss me?" shouted Naira.

"Naira what are you saying?" asked Kartik amazed at her sudden outburst..

"Truth! I'm saying the truth Kartik. It's enough for me. I cant bear all this anymore." said Naira.

"Naira.. I think.. you are" said Kartik but Naira again stopped him in the middle.

"No Kartik I am not misunderstanding anything. In fact now things are getting clear to me." said Naira.

"Naira.. I didn't understand." said Kartik.

"You will never understand. Now, I want answers from you Kartik. Why did you marry me?" asked Naira sternly.

"If you were not willing to get married.. if you had someone else in your life, then why did you marry me Kartikk??" She pulled his collars.

"From the very first day, you have treated me like a shit. Like I never existed in your life. WHY??" asked Naira shouting and crying.

"Naira.. you are misunderstanding. I dont have anyone else in my life!" said Kartik placing both of his hands on her shoulder.

"Please Kartik enough of your lies. You married me just for the sake of your parents right? You have never accepted me as your wife from heart. Whenever you felt like saying you said she is my wife but.. according to your convenience, your comfort. You asked me not to keep any expectations from you. If things were meant to be like this then why did you marry me? If you were not happy, not interested in marrying me then why did you spoiled my life?" She shouted at the top of her voice.

"And what can I expect more from you? You were so casual about everything. Even when I talked about my discomfort because of Jack you took that casually too. Phere lete waqt aapne promise kiya tha ki you will protect me. But aapko toh koi farak hi nahi padta. If that day Jack had been successful in his trying phir bhi aapko koi farak nahi padta.."

"Naira.. listen.." he tried to grab her hands but she took steps backwards.

"No Kartik. Not anymore. The truth is, our marriage is failed. You never cared for me, for our marriage. You know what Kartik? Till now I was surviving on just hopes. I thought, one day.. one day you will understand me, my feelings, my emotions. Maybe one day you will come to me, you will love me. I waited Kartik.. But you never came. Because you were never mine Kartik! I did what all I could do to save our marriage. But you never respected our relationship." She said bitterly.

"Iss shaadi mein sirf main thi Kartik aap toh kabhi the hi nahi. We shouldn't have got married Kartik. Yeh shaadi ek galti hai, a mistake, a wrong decision. And now, we should end it." said Naira.

Kartik looked at her in shock and disbelief. He started realising his mistakes from that very moment.

"A forced bond, a loveless marriage, a failed relationship is not going to do good to anyone. It's better we end this relationship and part our ways." said Naira looking at him.

"I will never regret this 4 months of our marriage Kartik. Aapse pyaar karti hoon, aur humesha karungi. Par aab mujhse nahi hoga. I don't have any hopes or strength left in me to sustain this marriage." said Naira.

Kartik was numb. Her words, her pain all attacked his heart badly. He broke her heart in every way possible. He failed to understand her. He never put any efforts in their marriage. He was realising it slowly but maybe it was too late now.

He left the room without saying anything and went to bar. In no time, he was gulping many shots and was losing his senses. He was in pain too.. He was in guilt, he was ashamed of himself for everything he did to her. He was realising his mistakes with each passing seconds.

"I am sorry.." he mumbled before closing his eyes.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next morning, around 4 am:
Naira slowly opened her eyes and realised Kartik had not returned to the room for the whole night. Her heart couldn't stop her and she went out to search for Kartik.

"Excuse me Ms, have you seen Mr Kartik Goenka?" she inquired at the reception first.

"Yes maam he was in the bar last night. At the time of closing we saw him there but after that we don't know anything." said the receptionist.

"Thank you.." she said and went to the bar but he wasn't there.

"Excuse me.. Do you know where is Mr Kartik Goenka? He came to the bar last night." she asked a staff who was passing by there.

"Yes maam he was highly drunk last night. But after we closed the bar he went somewhere." said the stuff.

"What? Okay thank you.." said Naira and started worrying where he could be.

Suddenly she got an idea to check the swimming pool and the leisure area of the hotel. She went there and saw Kartik lying at the edge of swimming pool in a messy state.

"Kartik??" She ran to him and sat on her knees. She tried to wake him up just then she noticed few buttons of his shirt were broken. And also there was a red lipstick mark on his chest.

She died a thousand deaths in that few seconds.
"Kartik.." she mumbled. He cheated on her. That's what she concluded from what she saw. She didnt cried, didnt showed any emotions as if her tears ditched her. She got up and started walking backwards till when she bumped with the wall. She was not getting anything thus she again looked at his messy state. After staring at him for some minutes, she went out of the leisure area in a hurry and ran out of the hotel.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment!♥️

Ps- The most awaited teaser of Baarish is going to be released tomorrow and the mv will be out on 11th so do watch it, do like and comment on it and hype it in every way possible for Shivin!🥺💥