Chapter- 9

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

"Kartik please slow down the car.. Please!" said Naira. They were on their way to home from their office.

"Kartik please calm down. I am scared.." requested Naira as he was driving very roughly.

Kartik suddenly applied the brakes and the car came to a halt. They both got out of the car.

"Why?? Why Naira? Why can't you let me live my life happily?" he asked grabbing her shoulders and her back hit with the car.

"Why everyone is forcing me to like you? See I have already told you that don't expect anything from me and our marriage has nothing to do with our life. God knows how you convinced Dad to join our office! But please! Stay away from me and my life! For God's sake!" he said folding his hands and she was crying badly. He grabbed her hand and pushed her inside the car.

Naira wiped her tears as soon as they reached home. She quietly went to her room with a dull face. Swarna got know everything from Manish and she went behind Naira to console her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Naira please have something beta.." said Swarna.

"No Maa. I don't feel like eating anything." said Naira while rearranging her clothes in her bag.

"See Naira, I know what happened between you two. I am even ashamed to talk about it. How Kartik is behaving you from past three months.. But please don't hurt yourself because of Kartik.." said Swarna sitting on her knees beside Naira.

"I'm fine maa. Don't worry. I am slowly getting used to it." said Naira plastering a fake smile on her face.

After convincing Swarna, Naira went near the dressing table. She looked at the mirror and cried looking at herself.

"Am I that much ugly? Is it because of my face that he dislikes me that much? Or because if my body? Why Kartik? If I am not beautiful enough for you, then why did you marry me?" cried Naira looking at herself on the mirror.

Next day, on breakfast table,

"Kartik I hope you remember that you and Naira have to attend a party tonight. Mr Johnson has specially invited you both." said Manish.

"I remember Dad. And I will go alone" said Kartik.

"You both are invited so you both will go." said Manish.

"It's okay Dad. Let Kartik go.." said Naira.

"No it's not okay. You both are going and that's it." said Manish and left from there.

"Kartik I am not going to office today. I am not feeling good." said Naira.

"What happened Naira? Are you okay?" asked Swarna.

"No maa. I'm fine. Bass Office jaane ka mann nahi karraha." said Naira and went to her room and Kartik left for office.

Sometimes later,
"Naira? Woh Maaji is calling you for..." said Swarna while coming to her room but stopped as she saw Naira sitting on the edge of the bed staring at nothing.

"Naira? Why are you sitting like this? Kuch hua hai kya?" asked Swarna and Naira nodded her head as no.

"Kya soch rahi ho? Batao apni maa ko." Said Swarna cupping her face.

"Maa, am I not beautiful?" asked Naira.

"What? Naira.. you are beautiful beta.." said Swarna.

"No maa. I know. I know I am not beautiful." said Naira and lowered her head.

"And who said that? Kartik?" asked Swarna angrily.

"No no. No maa. He didn't said anything. I just realised it. I know I am misfit for Kartik. I don't wear fancy clothes, I don't do makeup.. I want to change myself maa. I want to look good." said Naira.

"Naira.. You look beautiful always. You don't need to put makeup or wear dresses to look beautiful. You are a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart. You don't need to change yourself for anyone. Not even Kartik." said Swarna.

"But maa.. I want to do it.. for Kartik. Please maa" said Naira.

"Okay then. Let's surprise Kartik on the party tonight." said Swarna and took Naira with her.

Swarna helped Naira in getting ready for the party. Clad in wine red saree with velvet black sleeveless and backless blouse, Naira looked absolutely gorgeous.
She applied a light shade of red lipstick and Swarna helped her in doing some touch up.

"Oh my God Naira! Just look at yourself!" said Swarna hughung her and Naira blushed on thinking how Kartik would react seeing her today.

Swarna placed a small dot of kajal behind her ear and said "Kisi ki nazar na lage meri bacchi ko.." Naira smiled and went to her room waiting for Kartik.

Kartik entered to the room and straightaway went to the washroom without giving a glance to her. He got ready in no time and asked her to sit in the car.

Their ride till the party venue was silent and Kartik still didn't even looked properly at Naira. As expected.

They entered to the party and Naira saw a bunch of new pleople around her. Kartik left her alone and went with some of his friends while Naira stood in a corner adoring her husband. Her eyes was moist as she was left alone in the party.

Suddenly she remembered his words "Not to expect anything from him"
And that's when she realised that all her efforts have gone into vein. He literally forgot that she exist on this party. No doubt she was looking stunning. Many eyes were set on her and one of them was Mr Jack's.

"Hey young lady! You look gorgeous today." Jack complimented her and Naira forced a smile.

"Why are you standing here alone? Come. Let's dance." he said.

"No thanks. I'm fine." said Naira and was going to other direction when Jack grabbed her hand forcefully and dragged her with him.

"Please. I don't want to dance." said Naira and tried to push him but he was way more strong.

"Just for few minutes babe" said Jack and and grabbed her bare waist forcefully. He touched her bare back and pulled the string of her blouse.

Just then Naira pushed him with all her strength and slapped Jack.

"How dare you?" she said and pasted one more slap on his face.

"What happened?" said Kartik running to her and Naira looked at him.

"Mr Jack? What happened?" he asked.

"He misbehaved with me. So I have protected myself." said Naira giving a look to Kartik and left the place covering her back with the open end of her saree.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment♥️