[ n i n e t e e n ]

the next morning, chanhee was awoken up by his phone ringing. he still wants to sleep but he can't since it's so loud so he sat up and reached for his phone placed on his bedside table.

he frowned when his head hurt so bad plus he can't breathe properly due to his clogged nose. he has his eyes puffy and swollen too from all the crying he did last night.

❝damn, i look like pretty shit..❞

it was kevin calling him but the call died as he didn't answer it. there were calls from hyunjoon too and.. juyeon? why would he call chanhee?

and the most he's not expecting to call him is sunwoo. he has the most missed calls in chanhee's phone. and there were messages from him too like kevin and hyunjoon.

chanhee sighed and plopped his body on his bed not reading any of his messages. he just realized that's it's tuesday and obviously they have classes and chanhee is still lying on his bed. well, a day of being absent won't hurt, right?

❝what happened yesterday?❞ chanhee asked himself as he stood up, planning to go downstairs as he was already hungry and it's almost time for lunch.

he remembered about sunwoo.. but what else happened? he sighed, giving up recalling everything. his head just hurts more thinking of it.

he wrapped his whole body with his blanket as he felt cold but his body temperature is high, indicating that he's sick, before making his way out of his bedroom.

he then heard two voices in their kitchen talking, he recognized it was his mom's voice then he don't know to whom the other's voice belongs to.

❝since when did my mom had visitors-- shit.❞ chanhee groaned when he fell down from the stairs. luckily, it was only a five step stair but it still hurt for chanhee.

❝oh my--chanhee!?❞ mrs. choi immediately went out of the kitchen holding a spatula after hearing a loud thud and saw her son on the floor.

❝aww my baby chanhee..❞ mrs. choi cooed at chanhee pouting while rubbing his hips that slightly hurt from his fall.

❝let's go, eat..❞ she slightly drag her son in the kitchen. ❝plus you're sick..❞ she clicked her tounge as she gave her son a look, making him sit down on one of the chairs.

❝who told you to--❞

❝mom, aren't you supposed to be in the hospital today?❞ chanhee asked cutting his mom off from nagging, as he get some pancakes on a plate.

he noticed someone sitting across him eating pancakes too but he ignored him for a moment.

his mom smiled widely then squealed, ❝your father will come home soon! he's getting better..❞ mrs. choi wiped the tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes.

chanhee smiled, ❝that's great mom.❞ he's happy that his father is okay now. after four years of being confined in the hospital, with chanhee finding for a job to support his medical needs.

❝by the way..❞ chanhee looked at the male in front of him, whose still eating pancakes. ❝who are you?❞

chanhee frowned when his mom slightly smack his head with the spatula she's holding mouthing for his son to behave. ❝is that how you treat someone who brought you here last night?❞

chanhee's brows furrowed. ❝huh?❞

the male chuckled, ❝it's okay mrs. choi.❞

chanhee eyed his mother who's squealing on her place then left the two to cook their lunch and also let the two have their moment.

the male shrugged his shoulders then pouted. ❝i don't know if you don't really remember me chanhee, but i'm changmin if you forgot.❞