edelgard x fem

hoooooo boy this was a lot longer than i ever intended it to be lol. enjoy~ <3

"Professor!" Edelgard chimed. I turned my head to meet her standing behind me. She had a bright smile on her face and her hands were behind her back. I smiled at her. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch and tea with me today?" I smiled back and nodded 'yes' as my response. Edelgard jumped up in the air happily and took my hand in hers. "Well, let's go!" She said excitedly, dragging me out of the classroom.

As I followed behind, my mind began to wander. 'Why does she want to take me out for lunch all of a sudden? She doesn't really know me... maybe that's why. Or maybe...' my thoughts were interrupted by El stopping at a storefront.

"Oh, Professor!" Edelgard exclaimed, "look at this gorgeous dress!" she pointed at a dress through the window of the store. I walked up to the window to look at it.

"Want to try it on?" I asked, looking back at her excited face.

"Well," she started, "I was actually thinking for you, Professor," she replied.

'For me?' I thought, 'I don't wear dresses?!' I sighed and looked her in the eyes.

"Please? Try it on for me?" she asked, giving me the puppy eyes. I chuckled and headed into the store. I heard her say "yes!" from behind me as she followed me in. Inside the store, I walked towards the rack with the dress on it. After a few minutes of searching for my size, I held it up for Edelgard who responded with a thumbs up and a gleaming smile. Sighing, I walked to the dressing room. Inside, I put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. Before putting it on, I hadn't really looked at the dress. It was a beautiful shade of hunter green with a lace neckline. The sleeves were lace as well and they extended all the way down to my hands. I also hadn't expected the dress to be as long as it was, but the dress touched the floor. At my knees, the front cut off, and the back continued to the ground.

I really had to stand there and look at myself. I was surprised how gorgeous it looked on me.

"Professor?" Edelgard called from outside the dressing room, "are you okay?" she asked. I remembered I was staring at myself in the room and opened the door.

"So..." I started.

"Oh! Professor!" she gasped, "you look absolutely stunning!" she exclaimed. She rushed up to me to check out the dress in better detail. "Oh, Professor, you MUST wear this to the ball!"

"I,, I uh," I started. Edelgard was already running up to the service desk with money in her hands. "E-Edelgard! Wait!" I called out, trying to run towards her. Little did I know, I was not born to run in a dress. I took a few steps and then fell flat on my face.

"Ohh," I groaned, starting to get back up.

"Oh Professor, you're such a klutz," Edelgard playfully scolded, holding her hand out to me.

"Thanks," I chuckled, taking her hand to stand up. She swiftly pulled me up and I met her face with mine. 'Wow,' I thought, 'She will make quite a beautiful Emperor one day...' I giggled to myself and smiled at her.

"Is something up?" She asked with a puzzled smile. I nodded my head no.

"I should probably go get undressed," I said, heading back to the room. After changing back into my monastery clothing, I met Edelgard who had the dress she bought me in a bag.

"El, you really didn't have to..." I sighed. Edelgard laughed and put her arm around my shoulders.

"Well, after all, you are my favorite professor," she gleamed. As we approached the exit of the store, I had a thought.

"Edelgard," I started. She tilted her head towards me. "Did you really intend for us to go out for lunch?"

"Well," the future Emperor started, "sorta, but earlier this week I happened to notice that dress in the storefront. I thought it was really pretty and it made me think of you, Professor." I couldn't control my blushing when she said that. 'She really thinks I'm pretty? I'm just some scrappy mercenary...' I thought to myself.

"Oh!" I responded. She really caught me off guard. Edelgard laughed.

"Yes, Professor, I do think you are quite beautiful," she said with a smile from ear to ear. I buried my face in my hands- I didn't know how else to react.

"Nobody has ever said that to me before..." I whispered. She put her arm back around my shoulders.

"I'm glad to be the first to point out your beauty," She smiled, once again. "Now, how about we go get that lunch?" Edelgard asked. I nodded in response.

"Also, you really didn't have to buy that for me..." I said quietly.

"Guess you just owe me a dance at the ball to make up for it then," Edelgard said with a wink, taking my hand in hers. I smiled and we walked to the restaurant to finish off our wonderful afternoon together.