Hatchetfield: For people in town, living hell. It was the most boring and ordinary city in the whole world, where the vast majority of the population had no ambitions, they all knew each other and judged your every movement. It was normal if you desired to leave.

However, a lot of people mistake Hatchetfield as an ordinary town; in reality, it was the total opposite of that.

-----

Emma Perkins hated her job, which was new to no one. Being a barista was bad enough as it is, but now that her boss implemented the "sing when you get a tip" bullshit, it became (somehow) even worse.

Just now, she was fighting the urge of punching that stupid guy in the trench coat and her coworker in the face. Just to make it better, the cute-looking lanky guy that came to the cafeteria every day saw everything.

"Dang it" She cursed herself when she stopped arguing with Nora and turned to face the guy in the suit. "Hi, can I help you?" Emma said, trying to do her best 'costumer service' voice.

"Ah, yeah. I got an easy one for you, just a cup of black coffee." He said, smiling.

When Emma turned to make the coffee, he put a bill in the tip jar. Perfect, Emma thought. "Jesus!" She said, clearly annoyed, "Really? I've been brewing up your coffee" She started to sing.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, ah; I'm sorry, no, ah I don't need you to sing. I just tipped because, you know, people should tip". He said the last part like he was trying to be calm and collected. He didn't make it, but that made him cute.

"Well, thanks". She said. For some reason she felt like she could trust him with everything, even if they didn't know each other's name. And so she did. She told him about why she didn't like the tip song, about her awful coworkers and her shitty job. He also shared a couple of things about him, like the fact that he didn't like musicals (which they bonded over). Emma gave the man her coffee and asked him the question that had been in her mind when she noticed his regularity in the coffee shop. Why did he came here every day, drinking their shitty coffee and not going to starbucks?

"Well, you know, some things are worth it" He said, looking at her eyes. "L-like damn good coffee".

They both laughed.

"I see you here all the time, don't I? What's your name?" Emma asked, intrigued by the guy in front of her.

"Paul"

"Hi Paul, I'm Emma"

Just then, both felt an overwhelming feeling of dizziness. They felt their vision getting blurrier and blurrier every second, to the point where they weren't able to see anything. Emma screamed in terror, as the world seemed to disappear. Paul tried to keep it together, but he was unable to, and started to breathe erratically, at the verge of a panic attack. He frantically looked for Emma's hand, looking for some kind of comfort. The moment he found her hand, the barista and the office man disappeared from the face of the earth.

-----

Black Friday is crap; everyone deeply knew that, however, that didn't stop anybody from doing extreme things for getting things they don't need, but they wanted.

Becky Barnes was already tired and wanted to leave the place. Tears were threatening to come out of her eyes; Linda's speech hit hard. She was so mad at her; she didn't need to expose all her life for the other people. When she was about to let the tears free, she heard a man's voice asking her for a cut in line saying something about his kid.

Exasperated, she turned around to confront the man, when she saw who it was. His high school ex- boyfriend: Tom Houston.

"Hi Tom!" She said, trying to keep her cool.

"Tom Houston".

"I know who you are, Becky. I mean, I'm Becky. Becky Houston, I mean-"

"You're Becky Barns" The man said, making Becky incredibly happy.

"I'm good" She said, very awkwardly.

Their conversation continued, none of them were able to establish a coherent conversation. None of the things that came out of their mouths were correct sentences, and this was noticed by the people in line too. Everyone was gossiping and whispering about the exchange with other people in line. This should have annoyed Tom or Becky, but this was normal in Hatchetfield. Everyone knew each other.

"So, you're shopping for your kid?" Becky asked, in an attempt to save the conversation.

"Ah, nah, I'm shopping for myself, I like dolls." He said, making Becky smile uncomfortable. "I'm just kidding; I don't like dolls, at least not like that." He clarified, making the redhead laugh.

"I missed you" She said, shocking not only Tom, but also the line.

Their comfort didn't last long, because a commotion happened in the store.

"Bad blood!" A girl in a yellow flannel shouted. A guy in a leather jacket was trying to grab her, but she ran towards the cashier.

"Wh- what is happening?" The girl asked the guy, hugging the little girl.

"I don't know, she was fine a few seconds ago, but all of a sudden she got all crazy and ran." He explained, trying to keep the conversation in the download, but since the girl was screaming terrible things, they attracted the attention of everyone.

"Something is going to happen. Something bad" The girl with the braids said.

"Banana, nothing is going to happen, you are fine." The cashier tried to comfort the girl.

"Hey!" The manager of the store said to her employee. "Get that girl out, she is scaring the clients away!" He demanded.

"What? No!" The older girl said.

"If you don't get her out of here you are fired" The store owner threatened

The girl didn't have time to make a decision because, as soon as those words came out of the boss's mouth, the world began to disappear. A lot of people in the line got extremely dizzy and sick; most of them fell to the ground. The world started to spin, and they could have sworn that a cutesy voice was whispering in their ears.

And, just like the feeling arrived, it went, dragging the citizens of Hatchetfield along with them.