only a dream

8/5/20

Fugo POV

The sun is setting on a breezy day, I take the strawberry drink from my fridge that I saved from yesterday and go outside on the balcony of my room. There was some white roses I was growing around my balcony, the sweet soft smell surrounded the area made by the roses. Usually there are vehicles and distant noises of people talking, but it seems like I was the only one in this moment.

The sun is setting down as slowly the light dissapears from the sky, the clouds painted in the color purple and orange. It looked like the scenery was from a dream, a beautiful shot. I  took a sip from my sweet strawberry drink, colored light pink. I leaned onto the edge of the balcony, looking up at the sky in Italy.

I then hear a familliar voice coming from behind him, "Hey, Fugo!" the cheerful voice put a slight smile on my face. I turned around and saw Narancia, "Oh, hello Narancia." I spoke. Narancia came close and leaned onto the balcony with me, we both looked up at the sky enjoying the nice view of the nostalgic sun setting.

"Are you drinking strawberry juice again? Can I have a sip?" the dark haired boy asked pointing at my drink. I was hesitant on giving my drink but eventually gave in, I gave it to Narancia. "You can have it." Narancia smiled wide and sipped from the cup, "Ahh that tastes refreshing!" Narancia radiated warmth and a friendly atmosphere, he looks like everything you imagine when you hear the word beautiful.

I was friends with him. Actually, no... calling him a "friend" would be underestimation, he was more like a best friend. It's odd that he's the opposite of me and yet we're best friends. I'm good at academic things but he isn't, he's more of a cheerful happy guy and... me, not so much. This boy I met at the streets, I love him. His lovely smile, his honest heart, his putple eyes that sparkle everytime he gets excited. Everything is so perfect about him, the wind blows through his messy dark hair in an orange headband as we stay on this balcony.

"Hey, Narancia...?" I called his name. He turned to me and said, "Yeah?" he was sipping the strawberry juice in the drink I gave him. "Wanna get some spaghetti sometime at a restaurant together?" I asked.

He then put the strawberry juice down on the surface of the balcony railings, "Fugo, you need to get over me." he had a serious expression on his face. I tilted my head in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I'm gone already, Fugo." his expression turned sad, the sky started to turn into the night sky and the dark came. "You need to let go of me, okay?" Narancia then came closer to me and held my hand. "It'll be okay. I know it's hard, people who were close to you are gone now. But don't worry, inside your heart I'll always be here."

I then clutched his hand, "N-No, you're not... dead yet..." tears started to form in my eyes, "That's not true...!" Narancia then hugged me, "You need to move on, alright?" he looked at me, and I looked into his eyes. "There's a lot of things to look forward to out there, you can't linger around on me forever. Do your best alright? I'm sure that Mista, Giorno, Trish, and that wise turtle has your back!"

Tears started to fall from my eyes, I bit my lip lin-manuel miranda style while frowning. "Pick your head up king!" The cheerful boy said. "Even if I'm not alive anymore, I'll always be here by your side! I love you too, Fugo." he then smiled. That was the last smile from him I ever saw.

I woke up, tears were in my eyes. A dream? Agh, just another dream... I'm sorry Narancia, I wasn't able to be there for you. I got up and looked at the picture frame where everyone was still together, It was the photo we all took when we going to Capri island. Narancia was in that photo, I wish he was still here.

But I have to move on, like he said. I have to keep going forward.