"He deserves that!" We both giggle as she pulls up outside our gate. I kiss her cheek and say goodbye, getting out the car and waving her off. There's a crown of paps outside the gates, snapping photos of me. For a moment I'm grateful for my sunglasses; that hide my teary eyes well.

I bow my head and walk past them; ignoring their questions and remarks. 'Is it over for you and Jamie already?' 'Dakota tell us how heartbroken you are about the break up!' 'Did he cheat on you?!' They call out and shout my name.

I'm not a violent person but I want to turn and punch each one in the nose; but I stop myself from reacting to them. I close the main gate behind me as I walk through, securely locking it and heading up the steps to the door, it's open so I assume Jamie is home.

I drop my bag to the floor, kick off my shoes and remove my sunglasses, tears falling freely down my face. I head to the lounge but it's empty. The kitchen is empty too. There's light coming from outside and I spot Jamie sat at the garden table.

There's two plates with domes placed over them, a few red roses in a vase in the middle of the table and a bottle of champagne with two glasses. More tears fall as I head out to him, stopping a few steps away from him.

His eyes meet mine and he frowns, standing up. "Are you okay?.." he walks over slowly, trying to figure out my mood. "The paps are so brutal.." I cry out; burying my head into my hands as he pulls me into his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" his voice is hoarse as he speaks and it makes me cry more. I hate when we fight. And now I hate how much pressure has been put onto us by the paps. Like we have to prove our love for each other.

He kisses my head gently and I look up at him, my eyes glassy with tears. "I hate it when you cry. Especially because of me.." he sighs sadly and slowly we head over to the table that's set out. "We need to talk.." I say quietly; wiping my Cheeks as I take a seat.

"Of course.." he says quietly, lifting the lids from our plates to reveal our food. It's take out Nando's. My favourite medium hot chicken with the spicy rice and garlic bread. I smile slightly and we eat.

There's silence between us and a little bit of it feels awkward. "Where's Charlotte?" I ask to give us a bit of conversation. "She's settled for the night at your mom's house.. she offered to have her for us so I can make it up to you" he smiles sadly and I nod a bit.

"Is Dulcie okay now?" I ask, though I don't even know what happened with her. "I think so.. Amelia is keeping her off for a few days." He says, not making eye contact with me. "Those girls who were picking on her before, that she told you about.. they were doing It again and it just got out of hand" he carries on and I frown.

"That's so mean.. I hope they're doing something about them?" I frown a bit and he shrugs. "Amelia has a meeting sometime next week" he looks at me for the first time "are you not going too?" I ask and he shakes his head, causing me to sigh.

We finish off dinner in silence and I finish my glass of wine, standing and taking the dirty dishes inside; hearing Jamie sighing again as I head through the patio door to the kitchen. I load the dishwasher and sit at the breakfast bar, my eyes full with tears.

——-

"Hey.." Jamie breaks the silence. He's stood by the door. I don't know how long it's been but I hadn't even realised the tears falling from my face "Jamie.. I" I turn to him, wiping my cheeks.

"I don't ever, and I mean ever, want to feel like I'm second best to you again. I know your daughter needed you but it's so wrong that you stayed with your ex wife. Different rooms or not. It's wrong." My bottom lip shakes and his face falls. "Making you feel like that was never my intention. You're the most important thing in my life" his voice is hoarse as he stands beside me.

"Nothing happened.. you should trust me, I'm your husband." He frowns. "I trust you with my life.. it's her I don't trust" I lean my cheek into his hand as he uses his thumb to wipe my tears. "God I hate when you cry, I fucked everything up" he sighs, pulling me into his arms. He holds me for the longest time, and I know it's a silly little argument, and it's only been a day, but I've missed him so much.

"I love you so so much.. I'm sorry, so sorry" he kisses my head repeatedly "I know.." I whisper, burying my neck into him more. We stay like this, him standing by me as I sit at the breakfast bar, holding each other.

"I'll make it up to you.. I promise" he kisses my head and I smile slightly. "We've finished work for a while now, maybe we can go out.. just me you and Charlotte? Do something I don't know what" I smile up at him and he kisses me. "Of course baby.. I'll sort something for us" he kisses me again and I nod.

"By the way, this doesn't mean you're forgiven.. those press are crazy, they need sorting." I pull back from our hug, rubbing my eyes as I stand up. "I'll sort it" he sighs a bit and I nod, yawning as i grab myself a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I'm gonna head to bed" I say, kissing his cheek. "Okay, I'll tidy around then follow you up" he smiles a bit and I nod, heading off upstairs. I change into my pyjama shorts and strap top, brushing my teeth and getting into bed.

I'm just falling to sleep when Jamie heads upstairs. I hear him in the bathroom and then he climbs in under the covers, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I love you so much.. I'm sorry I hurt you" he whispers, he thinks I'm asleep. I well up, turning in his arms.

"You did hurt me.. but you're my husband and nothing will ever change that. I love you" I stroke his cheek softly, leaning over to kiss him softly. He holds me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly as we kiss.

He pulls back when we're both breathless. I peck his lips again and rest my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes. "Goodnight baby" he whispers, kissing my head. "Goodnight" I smile softly. Falling asleep in the arms of my favourite man.

Comments are appreciated as always ❤️