sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
( FIGHTS AND PROBLEMS IN THE NORTH )

CHAPTER SIXTEEN( FIGHTS AND PROBLEMS IN THE NORTH )

"SO WHAT ARE YOU doing today, Flo?" asked Katara.

Flo glanced up for a split second before looking back down as she tugged on one of the boots. They were all getting ready for the day despite the early hour. The sun had barely even risen above the horizon; she was kind of surprised they were all awake.

"What do you mean?" she asked, putting the other boot on. When Aang, who currently sat beside her, airbent some air to make her hair get in her face right when she was about to pull half of it in a topknot, she pursed her lips together in annoyance. Then, she reached over and tugged on the back of his robes until they were over his head, covering his eyes.

"Hey!"

"It's just that Aang and I are going to meet up with Master Pakku, Sokka is going to warrior training, but you haven't said what you're doing," Katara explained.

"Oh." Flo shrugged. "I dunno." She had an idea – look at the star charts and all from the library – but she hadn't decided whether or not she wanted to do something else, too.

"Oh, c'mon, there has to be something!" exclaimed Sokka, hands going in the air from where he stood on the other side of the room. His hair was down, not in the usual wolf tail just yet, and Flo adamantly refused to look at him for more than two seconds because of it. "Like, uh... Maybe you can come to training with me? Or go shopping, that's always fun."

Katara scoffed. "When have you ever seen Flo shop at any of the market places we've been at?"

"Katara has a point," Aang said.

"Always!" Sokka paused. "...I think."

"I used money on Kyoshi, but that's the only time. If I get anything from a marketplace it's usually stolen," Flo admits. The surprised stares she got in return made her brows knit together. "What? It's just stealing. It's not the worst thing I've done."

A weird noise left the back of Aang's throat, and Katara made an expression that Flo couldn't exactly read. Sokka shrugged.

"She has a point," he said to the other two, and immediately started fixing his hair.

An amused scoff came from Katara, followed by, "Of course you think that."

"Shut up, Katara!"

Before an argument could break out between the two, Flo spoke up, "Aren't you and Aang about to be late for your water bending lessons?" When the two younger members of their group looked at in slight confusion, Flo gestured to the light that was starting to become visible outside.