four

CHAPTER FOUR
( PRISON BREAK )

"THIS SUCKS," SOKKA VOICED as he and Flo walked through the woods

Hours ago, after waking up from a much needed nap, Flo decided to have a look around and search for some food. Sokka gave her no choice in the matter about him tagging along, something about hunting buddies that she didn't exactly listen to. She hoped that hunting and searching for nuts and berries would give her alone time away from the group. That wasn't the case, obviously. Either way though, not much was found. Other than a few nuts, they came up empty handed. Not many animals were around, from what Flo could see, and the tree's branches weren't the best for staking out on, let alone climb, so she couldn't get a good view from above. Even Sleemo came back with nothing from her flight around the area.

Flo simply nodded, agreeing. She walked beside him down the stream path. Above them, Sleemo flew from branch to branch, from tree to tree, and occasionally paused to look around. It was quiet between the two teens after Sokka's comment, and neither of them spoke as they got closer to Katara and Aang.

Aang quickly noticed them both. "Great, you're back! What's for dinner?" He moved from the overturned tree he lied on and came over to them.

Sokka started emptying the sack he had onto the natural stone patio. "We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval shaped nuts, and some rock shaped nuts that...might just be rocks." He threw the rock over his shoulder. Momo went after it. "Dig in!"

Aang glanced at Flo after he shared a look with Katara. "Uh..."

"Seriously, what else ya got?" the sister asked, unimpressed

"I couldn't find any ripe winter berries," she said. "This is it."

Sokka peered into the sack again. Flo sat on the slab of stone, and set her bow near her bag. Sleemo flew from one of the nearby trees and landed right beside the girl. The hawk-cat meowed, agitated at the lack of food.

Aang sighed and reached over to pet Sleemo. "I feel ya," he muttered to her.

Suddenly, a load abrupt noise sounded throughout the Forrest, disrupting the calm atmosphere of the area. The group of them looked up at the noise, and so did Appa from where he laid in a clearing close by. Flo grabbed her bow and stood on the stone without hesitation, slotting an arrow in place with ease. She held onto her weapon, ready to shoot if needed, and she looked around.

"What was that!?" Sokka yelled.

It happened again a couple seconds later. Flo looked to her left, and right after, Aang pointed in that direction. "It's coming from over there!"

"I'll go check– hey, come back!" Flo shouted at Aang as Katara as they ran towards the sound.

Sokka waves his arms. "Shouldn't we run away from the huge booms – not towards them?"