26 : POUNDING OPPORTUNITIES.

Start from the beginning

Daichi laughed, reaching out a hand to ruffle Yukimi's hair. "Don't make it sound like I'm not coming back in the summer training camp, Yuki-chan," he cheekily responded. "You know, Natsumi-oba-san might throw a fit if you didn't tell her I came to Tokyo." He then gave a faux expression of sadness. "I miss her cooking, especially the egg fried rice and homemade ramen."

Yukimi rolled her eyes playfully, punching his arm lightly. "I'll let her know that you miss her cooking. Plus, there will be a possibility that a wrapped package full of her cooking will be delivered to you by yours truly in the next training camp. And don't get me started on her pestering about letting you visit our home," she joked, her smile reaching her eyes. "See you in the summer vacation, Sawamura-san." Once again, the medium-haired girl teased him by using his last name just like yesterday.

"Right back at you, Yuki-chan."

The next thing Yukimi knew, the green minibus carrying the Karasuno volleyball club sped and blended in Tokyo's suburbs, leaving behind the rest of the participants in the training camp waving at the main building. While the others turned their back on the gates of Fukurodani to go back to the gymnasium for another round of practices, Yukimi stayed a couple of moments looking at the empty parking lot. Smiling a little, the dark-haired girl looked back at Kuroo, who called her name while waiting with a smile of his own. It might have been brought by the summer heat but there was no doubt that Yukimi felt her cheeks heat up because of Kuroo, her heart pounding as she remembered the events that unfold the previous night.

Taking her hand gently in his, the messy-haired captain rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand, leading her to Fukurodani's gymnasium with his heartbeat mingling with hers.

To think that the first part of the training camp ended in a flash made Yukimi wish that time should slow down with its descent as she patiently waited in one of the benches lining the hallway of the principal's office

To think that the first part of the training camp ended in a flash made Yukimi wish that time should slow down with its descent as she patiently waited in one of the benches lining the hallway of the principal's office. The dark-haired girl couldn't keep still in her seat, her hands clenching on the material of her skirt as a way for her to calm down her nerves. There was an endless array of thoughts flitting through her brain, all of them signifying along the lines of getting detention or earning a suspension, even though she didn't do anything wrong the past couple of weeks. The girl never took her gaze off the potted plant situated beside the door to her doom until it opened, along with the smiling face of their principal.

"Kazahana-san, you may enter," the old man donning a suit told her.

Yukimi bowed while passing by the door, muttering a quick 'pardon my intrusion' before following the principal's gesture of taking a seat in one of the chairs facing the wide desk. To get her mind off of the negative thoughts spurring her anxiety, Yukimi took in the new environment which wasn't the usual scenery for a student like her. The principal's office can be described in one word ー modern, as what is shown in the neutral color palette and the minimalistic approach of furniture inside the four-walled space. Well, there was a splash of color here and there in the form of a potted plant in a few spots in the room but even the therapeutic green didn't soothe her growing nerves.