She'd slipped on her dress, and as she struggled with the laces, she heard a knock on the door. Soft, casual. Her back fluttered, as she raced towards the door, wondering if Reiji was on the other side, ready with a set of instructions that she was bound to mess up on. But as she opened the door, she found Subaru, his hands folded across his chest, the glint of his brass necklace blinding her for a second.

"Good morning, Subaru kun..." she said, looking around for signs of Ayato nearby. He'd not leave her unscathed if he saw her interacting with the tsundere. With the groping she had received after she told him Reiji had visited her, she knew it was better to be safe than sorry.

"Yeah, whatever," Subaru cupped a hand behind his neck, scratching as though trying to curb some inexplicable feeling, as he often did. "I want a favour from you."

Yui felt the back flap rap against her armpit, and felt a bit embarrassed. She should have called a maid to help, but she was forbidden to speak to the household help. "Yes, I will be glad to help."

"Who asked for your help?" Subaru exclaimed, and Yui was confused.

"I thought you just said..."

"Yeah, I wanted a favour, not help from some measly woman like you," Subaru said, annoyed. His pretty pink eyes shined in the dawn light with a dull glow, and she momentarily forgot that he was confused about asking for a favour and seeking help. She shook her head. "Okay, I'm listening."

"I want you to visit the tower once, if possible." He refused to look into her eyes. Why was he so shy all of a sudden? "And, well, my mother wanted to see you."

Yui didn't know how to respond. "I... well, I'd drop by once I'm finished getting ready, would it be okay?"

Subaru grunted. "I guess."

"Oi, Pancake." Ayato emerged from behind him. Yui blushed, wondering if he had been listening to their conversation.

Ayato seemed to have caught her reaction well. "Ah, your cheeks are painted bright red. I know the effect I have on you."

Yui covered her face in her hands. "Don't say that, Ayato kun."

Subaru turned towards him, scowling. "You can do lewd things when I'm not in your presence, you retard!"

"Who you calling a retard?" Ayato hissed at him. "Stupid."

Yui sought to resolve the conflict. "Subaru kun, I will reach you as soon as I can. Ayato kun," she turned towards the red head, "I need a bit of help."

Ayato rolled his eyes. "Move over, McFairyFace." He pushed Subaru to the side, and quickly locked the door behind him. Yui's heart leapt out of her throat as he leaned back on her bed, feeling it beneath his fingers. What was he doing? Why did she never understand this boy?

"Why did you need me?" Ayato said, flashing his fangs.

"I... can you lace this up for me?" she asked, and turned around, hoping against hope that Ayato would not utter any stupid remarks...

"Damn, you don't need any bra to hold them little tiddies, right?" Ayato said, standing right beside her. At that moment, she felt the most embarrassed she had ever felt. She also felt the intense urge to stab him.

"That's rude, Ayato kun," she said. Ayato snickered behind her, and she felt that murderous intent grow bigger inside her.

"They're too small for you to consider giving them support."

Ouch. "They're a bit on the smaller side, but you don't get to comment on them."

"Maybe I can get them to..." he grinned suggestively.