Chapter 15

You were getting ready to leave the hospital when Kuroo and Kenma burst into your hospital room. Kuroo immediately embracing you in a hug. You let your body rest on his. You stayed there for what seemed like hours before Kenma gained your attention.

You sat back down on the hospital bed and waited for the nurse to return to say you could leave. After what seemed like hours, she came with a prescription for some pain medication and she was holding crutches. You cringed at them when she handed them to you. You didn't want to rely on anyone. On anything. You reluctantly took them from her hands and began trying to walk.

After a couple failed attempts, you finally got the hang of it. She was satisfied that you'd be ok and went to leave the 3 of you. She quickly turned on her heels and went back to hand you a slip of paper that you weren't really sure about.

"Erm what's this piece of paper for?" You asked the nurse curiously, while trying to hold back your tears of pain.

"It's a note to hand to your school. It's kind of like a permission slip. It's a note from the doctor saying she's authorised for you to have a week off of school." The nurse said, smiling.

"Oh ok." You said to the nurse.

The 3 of you left the hospital and headed outside to see Kenma's mum waiting in her car. You slowly walked over and got in. Kuroo getting in after you. You tried to make your self comfortable, but to no avail you couldn't. You just sat there in the car. Completely zoning out. Neglecting to mention the prescription you had in your hand.

Once you arrived at your apartment, you thanked Kenma's mum and said goodbye to Kuroo. He just looked at you, really confused. You weren't sure why he was looking like, so you asked him. Wanting to know why he had such an expression.

"What's up?" You said, smiling yet another fake smile.

"I'm staying here for the week. Remember?" He said to you.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. But I can't have you sleeping on my sofa again." You said as you fumbled with your keys, trying to unlock the door.

"Let me get that. It's fine. I don't mind. The only thing I care about is you getting better." He said with a smile.