16 - Finally

This is the final chapter. Salamat sa patuloy na pagsubaybay sa story nina Mirianne at Colton. Sana, kahit papaano ay napangiti at napasaya kayo :)

An epilogue will be posted soon.

Keep safe and healthy everyone! 💕

****

Sunday is Mary and Kelvin's wedding. After more than 3 years of being together, they will now be tying the knot. I am genuinely happy for Mary. Akalain mo nga naman, siya yung walang masyadong ganap ang lovelife noon, siya pang mauunang ikakasal sa aming tatlo nina Eve. I can totally recall the time of our first meeting. Kelvin can't hide he's interested with my friend. He totally snobbed her, though but I was able to see right then he likes Mary. On the other hand, Mary even thought Kelvin was into me. Kapag naaalala ko, natatawa pa din ako sa kanila.

As expected with Mary, it was an intimate and simple wedding. Only the closest to the couple were part of the ceremony. Looking at the crowd, I guess we're only about 80 people here, including the couple themselves.

They chose to have a garden wedding. Eve is partnered with her boyfriend and I am Mary's maid of honor. Kelvin cried when Mary did her walk towards the altar. I saw Mary's parents crying, too, especially si tito, but he was able to make a joke about it after. Everyone laughed at kahit yung pari ay natawa din sa mga hirit ng tatay ni Mary.

Mary was breathtaking in her gown. Sobrang ganda at glowing niya. I guess that's what is called a bride's glow. Both of them looks extremely happy and inlove. I wish them all the best on their marriage and future family.

I shared the table with Eve and his boyfriend and some other bridesmaid in the reception. Colton is with me in the table, too. My friends and parents met him and when they asked kung sino siya, Colton introduced himself as my future boyfriend.

I recalled what happened noong dumating kami sa bahay. My parents were not even surprised I am with someone. My mom even hugged him and said she's officially welcoming him to the family. I learned that Tonie had once spilled some information about him and eto namang nanay ko ay matagal na palang nakakausap ni Colton. Same with Papa. No wonder he was so confident noong nasa byahe kami pa-Manila.

"Excited na akong makilala ng personal ang mga magulang mo," sabi niya while we are on the taxi.

"Di ka kinakabahan?"

"Ba't ako kakabahan eh tropa na nga kami ng tatay mo eh."

I was confused of what he is saying but I did not give it too much thought. Madalas magbiro si Colton ng kung ano-ano so I honestly thought it was one of his jokes. But boy I was so wrong dahil talagang winelcome siya ng magulang ko noong dumating kami sa bahay. While we are having our dinner, nag-uusap sina Colton at ang mga magulang ko ng mga napagusapan daw nila noon sa mga calls nila. They know things that happened to me sa province na di ko naman nabanggit sa kanila because apparently, Colton told them about it. He even asked for their permission to be my boyfriend! Tinupad niya ang pangako niyang di niya muna ako liligawan pero inuna na pala niyang ligawan ang mga magulang ko. How can you not fall for this guy?

The wedding ended happily. Eve got the bouquet and Ron got the garter. The day even got more memorable because Ron proposed to Eve! When Eve catched the bouquet, kusa nang ini-abot ni Kelvin kay Ron ang garter. That's when Ron did the proposal.

I am so happy for my 2 bestfriends. Of course, getting married is not yet the happily ever after everyone's dreaming about. That is just the start of the journey but I am confident that they will go through it together.