Chapter 2

*Shalyns POV*

Kaitie ended up passing out but I, on the other hand couldn't sleep for the life of me. I just couldn't stop worrying about the life ahead. I was both terrified and excited at the same time. My thoughts were interrupted by the attendant announcing over the speaker that we would be arriving in LA shortly.

"Kaitie wake up we're here." I said shaking her shoulder trying to wake her up

"I'm up I'm up." She said sitting up straight in her seat

The plane landed and we grabbed our carry on luggage then headed off the plane. The airport was huge & not to mention how many people were here too. It got really overwhelming and we needed to get a ride from a taxi so we headed out the exit and finally caught the attention of a taxi.

"13600 Austin Blvd please." I said politely to the driver.

Me and Kaitie have been planning this escape for about 6 years. We both worked our asses off considering we knew the amount of money we needed to survive on our own. All together, after plane tickets, we have about $10,000 saved up. We found these nice apartments down in LA that were already furnished so we reserved our spot and here we are now, new beginning to a better life.

" 26.75 ma'am" The taxi driver said as he stopped at the apartment complex.

"Oh yeah here you go." I said handing him the money.

We noticed all these girls standing outside the apartment complex. They were just staring at us as we walked pass them and got inside. The manager gave us our keys and told us we would be staying on the 7th floor. We got up there and unpacked what little we had.

"Shalyn we need to go out & get groceries!" Kaitie yelled from downstairs.

"Alright I'll be down in a minute." I said changing into some skinny jeans, light hoodie and some vans.

"Hey we should go shopping too! I think there's a mall downtown." I said walking down the stairs.

"Sounds fun. Lemme change and we'll head out." Kaitie said

We grabbed our purses and headed out. We decided to walk because LA was beautiful and the sun was something that we never had in Minnesota, it was always so cold and cloudy. We saw these streets performers so we stopped to watch them because we've never seen something like it. Suddenly I had no more fear of this new life, I couldn't wait to experience everything in it.