Chapter 10

*** KAITIES POV***

" what actually wrong? " cameron said, he could probably tell i wasnt just fine.

" i.. i just needed to get out of there. " i said trying not to look him in the eyes, he would have known i was lying.

" kaitie you can trust me. " he said stepping forward grabbing my hand, " but i need you to promise me something okay? "

" anything. " i responded.

" no more secrets, okay? " he said looking in my eyes, " promise me? "

i didnt want to seem like i had anything to hide so before i could think i blurted out, " i promise."

then there was a really loud runnng noise coming from the hallway.

" what the hell? " cameron said letting my hand go and walking to the door but before he could open it shay was already running in and she nearly hit him with the door.

" shes here kaitie, shes here! " shay yelled shaking me, " we have to go. "

" what the hell go where what the fuck ? " cameron said getting into the conversation.

right then my worst fear came true & the worst part was what ran through my head first. it wasnt that we were going to get caught. it wasnt that i would have to go back to my abusive parents. it was the thought of leaving cam.

" kaitie!", she said shaking me back to reality, " we have to go NOW. "

but before we got anywhere we could hear her talking to the people next door

" shit. " shay said.

" lets all just calm down and talk about whatever the fuck is happening. " cameron said stepping beside me.

before anyone explained there was a knock at the door, we just stood still until shays mom said "i know someones in here i could hear yelling. "

shay went for the door like she was about to turn herself into the police but i reached for her and pointed at cameron.

" answer the door cameron, please. " i whispered.

" why what the hell?" he retaliated.

" heeellloooo " shays mom yelled.

i looked from the door back to Cameron, " just please we will explain later. " he could probably sense my urgency because then he walked up to the door.

" um hello?" he said answering the door.

" have you seen these two girls? " she said, " they're names are shalyn and kaitie. "

cameron glanced back at me and i prayed she wouldn't notice.

" umm no I'm sorry. " he said shutting the door in her face.

he turned around and looked at me for a long hard second. i could tell he was pissed, he couldn't even hide it.

" cam.." i said reaching for his hand.

" just please stop. " he said looking down at me, he walked out the door brushing my shoulder as he went.

i felt my heart sink into my stomach.

" kaitie. " shalyn said grabbing my elbow.

" shalyn stop. " i said not looking at her so she couldnt see the tears filling my eyes. " just leave me alone. im going next door. dont follow me, just leave me alone okay?"

i turned for the door but i knew she would follow me anyways.

i walked out the door slamming it behind me and walked next door to the guys apartment.

i could tell they heard cameron walk in because the johnson, gilinsky and matt were already standing around the front door in a circle looking at eachother. the second i saw them i tried to wipe my tears away but it was too late they had already seen them.

" kaitie whats wrong?" gilinsky said stepping forward.

i put my hand up in his direction and started walking towards the stairs up to camerons room.

right then the apartment door opened up again and shalyn walked in, " wheres kaitie? " she said looking at johnson who pointed in my direction.

"we need to talk kaitie" she said making eye contact with me.

right at that moment i took all of my emotions out on her, " you don't even understand shay. " i started of talking, " cameron is the best thing ive had in forever you know this. i cant lose him, especially not because of something you caused." i could feel my anger building up, " i need this, i need him. ive never needed anyone more in my entire life. so just leave me alone, youre the last person i want to talk to right now. " i knew what i said was going to hurt her, but thats what i had to do. i needed cameron and if i hadn't said that she would have tried following me.

i turned around from shay the entire apartment was silent.

i walked up the stairs to camerons room, the door was closed shut which probably meant he didnt want to talk to anyone.

i opened the door.

i went in and sat at the foot of his bed.

" .. just leave. " he said, his was laying on his stomach wearing only his shorts facing the opposite direction of where i was.

" im sorry. "

" you're sorry? " he said sitting up and looking at me, the anger in his eyes made him impossible to look away from, " you promised me. " he said, " you looked directly into my eyes and promised me there would'nt be any more secrets between us. " he rased his voice the slightest bit.

" its better for all of us that you dont know, i couldnt even begin to explain it to you. " i turned my body towards his.

"no kaitie, its easier that i do know. all of this would have been avoided if you would have just been honest with me. i dont think you understand how much this is really hurting me." cameron stood up and started walking back and forth, the anger in him was building.

"you just dont understand," i stood up standing in front of him.

"stop saying that!" cameron yelled directly into my face, "i could understand, i could help you with whatever the hell is going on. "

cameron raised his hand as if he was about to punch the wall, without thinking i jumped in front of him. he was about to hit me when he saw me and stopped.

we both went silent.

i lowered the tone of my voice, "cameron." i said leaning forward wrapping my arms around his torso his entire body was stiff, " if you really want to help me get through this.. if you really want to be there for me then i need you to trust me.. i need you to understand i will tell you when im ready. "

the tears rolled from my eyes soaking his bare chest.

after a long second i felt his body relax and his arms wrap securely around me.

i finally let go of the breath of air i'd been holding since he almost hit me.

i reached up to touch the side of his face with my palm for reasurrace for the both of us.

when i pulled my plam down my hand was wet with his tears.

______________________________________________________

this was extremely intense, i teared up through writing the whole thing. its really long too, i just needed to fit the entire scence into this chapter. thanks ily - kaitie.

theres probably a TON of spelling errors sorry.