Chapter 9

***SHALYNS POV***

I guess you can say me and Kaitie were more nervous than when we actually moved here. I kinda felt bad at first for being so rude to them and completely shutting them out, it wasnt right, the were just trying to protect us from all the shit they go through. Im guessing its not as easy as everyone thinks. I sat on the other couch and brought my knees up to my chest and sat there. We all just sat there in silence. I looked over at Kaitie who had the same worried facial expression as me. She got up and told me to come to the hallway.

"Shay, we cant tell them what happened in the past. I dont know them well enough yet but Cam is getting suspious so lets just leave for tonight." she said shaking.

"Tell Cam you arent feeling good so youre gonna go home and im gonna talk to Nash real quick." I said.

Once she told Cam he looked very confused but walked out the door with her. I asked the Jacks where Nash was they told me he was upstairs so up I went. Just to apologize. I walked into his room where he was editing on a videohis computer with headphones in.

I tapped his shoulder which startled him, "Hey I was about to leave but i just wanted to apologize i know you kept that secret for the benifit of us both and Im sorry."

"Its okay, really it is, we just- its hard to explain sometimes. I understand why you guys got angry. You had a right to be." He said.

"Well I'm glad we sorted this out but I gotta go cause I just realized I forgot to give Kaitie the keys to the apartment but I'll see you later?" I said giving him a small smile.

"Yeah. Goodnight Shalyn." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Night Nash." I say walking out of his room. I hurried down the stairs and out the front door. I tossed Kaitie the keys and told her I was gonna get the mail. As the elevator doors opened, I saw a person I thought id never see again, my mom.