"So they're building weapons here, huh? Making everyone work like robots. It'll be Eggman's turn to get pushed around when I get ahold of him."

"Me too."

They destroyed the robot in midair that's in their way and flew again throughout the way. Y/N used her wrist-mounted grappling hook as they swung over and destroyed more robots using her wispon. This is much easier than platforming. They then made to the ground as they ran and jumped down.

"That was a cake walk!" Sonic said.

"I don't know why I was even worried." Amy said over the radio.

They then made it through as they accomplished their mission.

"Nice job, Y/N!"

"Thanks! You too!"

After their mission, Amy called over the radio and she sounds worried.

"Something is attacking inside the Mystic Jungle! Silver is fighting him... or it, or whatever. Just hurry!"

"Guys! It's him!" Silver spoke as he sounded like he's in trouble.

Y/N guessed that it's that jackal masked guy again.

"I'm looking forward to a second round with this guy!" Sonic said.

"I'll come with!"

"No. You stay here. Go back to the resistance."

"But--"

"Don't worry. You'll get your glory soon. Right now, stay safe."

"Alright..." Y/N sighed. "Be careful out there, bro."

Sonic nodded and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night in the Mystic Jungle.

"This wasn't part of my agenda, but I'm always happy to crush a hero. It keeps the rabble in line. Shows them that there is no hope." the black jackal said in a demonic tone.

"Does anyone but you believe your lies?" Silver glared at him.

The black jackal and Silver fly about, clashing with each other as they do so. In the process, the jackal drops a strange red ruby and eventually knocks Silver against the wall above Eggman's lab and Silver falls to the ground, weakened.

"Seeing is believing."

He flies at Silver to deliver the finishing blow, but is knocked away by Sonic just in time. Sonic lands in front of Silver.

"Time to tag out, Silver! I've got it from here!"

"Well, look who's back from the dead. The little blue savior. But what's that I smell? You reek of fear. Glad to see I left an impression."

Sonic sniffs his own armpit.

"That's not fear. I ran all the way over here. And you haven't left an impression. I don't know anything about you! Not even your name."

"You may call me 'Infinite' in the brief moments that remain to you."

"Great! See, Infinite, now we're getting to know each other! So, what's your favorite color? Do you like long, romantic walks on the beach? What's the source of your power? You can skip the first two questions if you like."

"The source of my power is none of your concern." Infinite said.

"Sorry, but you've just GOT to share the secret of your power with me. I insist!"