x. TEN

︵‿︵‿୨ 1972 ୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨ 1972 ୧‿︵‿︵

THE NIGHT OF the release party crept up faster than Sadie had intended, passing in a whirl of photo shoots and press announcements. She barely had a spare second to herself, let alone to see or call Jimmy. And before she knew it she was sitting once again in front of the mirror, watching her reflection while Caterina stood behind her, iron in hand as she curled the blonde singer's hair. The disco-singer had practically forced Sadie and the rest of Tempest to get ready for their launch party at her home. But none of them would complain, the house was large, lavish and in no short supply of alcohol.

"Do you who else is expected to come tonight?" Caterina asked, dark eyes watching Sadie's face closely, anticipating a certain answer. A knowing grin graced the rock n' roller's face.

"A few musicians, producers and the like. Plus I invited all of Led Zeppelin... including Robert," Sadie informed her best friend, who blushed scarlet and looked back down again. Sadie laughed loudly, she'd rarely seen Caterina lacking confidence, she was usually so outgoing and cheerful. It was humbling to see her embarrassed by a simple crush. "Have you and Robert finished writing your duet yet? I know it'll be good."

"It's... coming along," Cat nodded, the tan in her cheeks hiding most of the scarlet, although it was still visible to Sadie. "He came up with the loveliest tune, but the lyrics are more difficult. We've been writing together most weekends."

Sadie had an idea of what 'writing' might have meant for Robert and Caterina, picturing them sitting in a field hand-in-hand, but she thought she'd embarrassed her friend enough already. And Caterina let Sadie have her secrets (namely one tall, dark guitar-playing secret), so she figured that she could at least return that one favour. She was about to change the subject once more when a loud shout came from the room over.

"Oi, Sadie," the door banged open and Rene walked. She was dressed in a boxy dress of purple sequins that matched the colour of her eyeshadow in only a way that only Rene could pull off, and placed a large silver box onto the singer's lap. "Delivery for you."

     "From who?" She wondered as she tore apart the paper surrounding the box and saw a note: I think these are long overdue. Hope you find some use for them tonight. "No name?" She looked up at her bassist, who shrugged but had a smug smile on her face. So Sadie slid aside the lid of the box and a glint of silver caught her eye. Her lips parted in surprise, and she slid from the box a matching pair of silver platform boots. "The bastard actually did it." She muttered, knowing already how smug Jimmy Page would look when she showed up wearing his new gift.

"Oh Sadie!" Caterina cried out as she grabbed the shoes to take a closer look at them. "They're almost exactly the same as the ones you lost. Who do you think could've gotten them for you?"