Chapter 3

I watched the whole cast leave the theatre except Thomas, who was still sitting beside me quietly, patiently waiting for them to go. Then Dylan suddenly decided to speak up.

"Hey, Thomas, are you staying?" He asked, with a slight smirk plastered on his face. I just looked down at my clutch that was in between my hands. I'm surprised I only got it for ten dollars, it was a good deal.

"Erm, no. You can go ahead, Dylan. I'll see you." He said as he waved his hand swiftly before turning back to face me.

I overheard the cast whispering to one another about Thomas wanting to stay here with me, but slowly the murmurs died down, indicating that they have left.

"So, Kensie, are you ready to watch the film once again?" This time I looked up and joined eye contact with him, taken back he used the nickname my sister always used to use, before she left me. Then I noticed that his lips parted slightly before he spoke once more. "Your eyes, they're beautiful." He said in almost a whisper, so soft and fragile, as if that sentence could break me.

I blushed and smiled sweetly. "Thank you, Thomas." All he could do was smile, and I think he was even a bit shocked he said that. He looked away fairly quickly before getting up quietly.

"I will return, I'll just get the man to replay it for us. And maybe you'd like some popcorn this time?" He smiled. "My treat." Was the last thing he said before leaving the theatre. I noticed that he was wearing a ravishing tuxedo, in navy blue. It suited his fair skin well. Along with the colour of his hair.

I stood up just to pull my dress down a bit since I had noticed my scars were showing on my thighs. Good thing it wasn't too obvious, and he hadn't noticed. I don't know what I would've said if he did.

I stayed quiet a bit longer, wondering why Thomas was taking a little longer than normal. I wish I could text someone about this, but I don't have very many friends. I mean there's Samantha, but lately she hasn't been talking to me ever since she found out I cut myself. I'm kind of known as the "emo" kid now, which is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't bother me too much though because I know I'll make some cool friends once I move to California and go to Stanford. Since I have a passion towards the Arts, maybe I can find someone who has the same interests as me, besides art.

As I kept pondering over my social and academic life, I heard Thomas come in, whistling an old fashioned song quietly, which just so happened to be by Queen. I noticed it was one of their originals, Liar. I smiled to myself. He listens to Queen, probably just as much as I do. Great conversation starter.

"Are you whistling what I think you're whistling?" I looked up at him as he was standing next to me.

"Hmm, well, it depends on what you think I'm whistling." He chuckled, sat back down in his original spot, then tipped the bag of popcorn slightly, so it would be facing towards me more. "Would you like some?"

"It's Liar, by Queen! Don't tell me I'm wrong." I giggled as I nodded, placing some kernels in the palm of my hand. I popped a few in my mouth and chewed quietly with my lips shut, waiting for him to reply.

"Yeah, it is. You listen to Queen?" He asked, almost surprised. But he maintained a smile. I nodded and answered once I had finished chewing.

"Of course I do! They're one of my favourite rock bands." I said happily as he smiled at me.

When we finished our conversation, the movie had started, as of now, we're already half way through the movie, and the popcorn. I felt so relaxed next to Thomas. It was almost as if we had known each other for the longest time. Although we haven't, I think we might at the start of today. Or, I could just be over thinking it all. He probably just does this to other fans when he gets the opportunity, because if he has the time, we all know that he'd put it towards us. It's great that he's such a sweet guy. He may be famous, but he sure isn't stuck up.

Meanwhile, drowning in my thoughts, I felt a hand gently slip it's way under mine. Slowly, our fingers intertwined and I looked down smiling, seeing that it was Thomas' large gentle hand, caressing my tiny, bare one. I looked over to him quietly as his eyes remained on the movie. I've always loved how his eyebrows stayed furrowed, but just a little bit. Creasing slightly in between them, as if he's always thinking about something.

From then on, we watched the movie in peace and tranquility. I savoured every part of it, before it was to slip away from my fingertips.

ⓒ Lex