Chapter 5

Narcissa came back before long, a healer following behind her. She gave Lucius a confused look, and he gestured to the direction Draco had taken Harry. She marched up the stairs, the healer following behind her.

"Draco!" Narcissa called out, trying to find out where her son had taken the poorly treated mate.

"We're in my room." Draco called, sitting in his room, looking over Harry who was laying on his bed, looking around. His creature not convinced that Harry was alright yet.

"How is he?" Narcissa asked when she came in the room, seeing the two boys.

"Not that different." Draco said, keeping an eye on Harry who was still looking around with an open mouth and wide eyes.

"If you would leave I'll check him over and help him however I can." The healer says, walking over to the bed, making Harry turn to face them.

"But he's my-" Draco tried to object, before Narcissa pulled him out of the room, locking it after them so that Draco couldn't get back in.

Narcissa pulled Draco to the living room to wait for the healer to finish dealing with Harry. She ignored Draco who was thrashing against her, his wings hitting her as she tried to pull him away. When they got to the living room and Lucius saw how Narcissa was struggling to stop Draco from running back to Harry, and stunned him.

"We'll wake him up when Harry is treated, probably after the healer you brought has left so he doesn't freak them out." Lucius said, looking fondly at the now unconscious Draco who was resting gently on Narcissa's lap.

-----

Harry was starting to come to, the first thing he realised was how comfortable he was. It was soft and warm, almost making Harry feel as though he was resting in a cloud. The next thing he noticed was the smell, it was heavenly, and Harry couldn't remember ever smelling anything nicer, even after thinking through all the smells from the Burrow.

He didn't know where he was, he just assumed that the client had let him stay over night because he fell asleep. He had never felt safer or more comfortable in his life, and as soon as he woke up the client was sure to send him home, so Harry kept his eyes closed and his features neutral. He could hear voices around him talking in whispers, but he didn't think anything of it, basking in the comfort and safety of the bed for a while longer.

"Didn't the healer say he should have woken up by now?" Harry heard a familiar voice ask.

Healer? Wasn't that a wizard term? The Dursleys would never let a wizard or witch hire him, so where was he and why was he here?

A part of him told him not to worry, that he was safe. That part made him feel comfortable, but compared to everything he had experienced, the rest of him wasn't willing to listen. He had felt safe and comfortable under the imperius curse, but he definitely wasn't.

Harry shot up from where he was sitting, reaching for his wand, only to realise it couldn't be there as Vernon had broken it. His eyes were wide with a mix of shock and fear, his natural green brighter than normal in the lighting. Glancing around he saw a very nice room, it was large, with lots of potions equipment and ingredients scattered around. The room had walls that were patterned in shades of green that seemed to snake around themselves. The floor was covered with a glistening silver carpet.

That's when Harry noticed who the people in the room for and he pulled back, wishing he still had a wand. Sitting by the bed was Narcissa and Draco Malfoy. They both looked slightly surprised by his sudden wakefulness, but Draco soon smiled at Harry.

That didn't really calm him down. Draco never smiled at him, the two hated each other, so why did he seem glad he was awake?

"Harry, you're awake!" Draco said, beaming and rushed closer to the bed.

"Since when did you call me Harry?" Harry asked, moving further away from Draco on the king sized bed.

"Since I found out you're my mate." Draco said, sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at Harry with concern.

"Since you found out I'm your what?" Harry asked, his eyes wide as he looked between the two Malfoys. "We're not friends, Malfoy."

"Not mates in the way Weasley uses it." Draco said, rolling his eyes. "We're mates. I think muggles use the term soulmates."

A part of Harry believed Draco, and was desperately trying to persuade the rest of him to trust Draco, but a louder part of him was telling him that Draco hated him, and he had to hate Draco. The louder voice didn't feel natural, but it was powerful, and Harry was sure it was just trying to protect him... Right?

"And how did you choose us as soulmates? Pull names out a hat?" Harry asked, raising a brow at Draco, Narcissa having left the room to fetch Lucius in case he was needed.

"You don't get to choose your mate." Draco said, not sure why Harry was so against this. Even if he really wasn't a creature, he should be able to feel the pull between them. "Magic pared us together."

"Great," Harry said bitterly, rolling his eyes. "Yet another thing I don't get to choose for myself. Why don't you seem upset about this? You hate me."

"I don't hate you." Draco said, looking at Harry in concern. His creature was screaming at him to comfort his mate and help him understand, but he knew that would only confuse Harry more.

"Well you sure make it look like you do." Harry replied, sounding more bitter than he realised he was

"I'm giving as good as I get." Draco said with a shrug. "But can we start again?"

"I guess." Harry said with a shrug. "But you'll have to be nice to my friends too."

"I guess I can do that, but you have to be nice to my friends too." Draco said, smiling. He was glad that Harry wasn't being as against it as he thought he would be.

Harry could feel the part of him that was feeling safer there than anywhere else and wanted to be close to Draco was getting louder. While the part of him that was trying to make him leave, telling him that Draco just wanted to hurt him, was still loud, it had significantly less merit and was getting quieter by the moment. When the first part got louder, Harry's eyes widened as he started to feel changes in his body.

"Harry?" Draco asked as Harry bent over, clutching his stomach in pain. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Harry felt as though every part of him was being burnt, or being turned inside out. Draco's eyes were widening in shock.

He knew his mate was a creature.