Chapter 19- A Day Out

(Chapter 19- A Day Out )

“You’re ok.” Sloane voice rang out through the house as soon as I stepped inside.

I had only just gotten back from the fight and taken down most of the rogues that didn’t escape or wasn’t there. I think the total body count was 75 of theirs and ours was 115. It was a larger battle than we anticipated and they weren’t even all there.

“I am. Were you hurt?” I asked taking in her shaky appearance.

“No, just worried about you. I thought they would have gotten to you. There were so many of them.” She spoke.

I nodded. “Some of the pack was taken out, about a fourth of us.”

She gasped. “I’m so sorry.”

“There were more of them than we anticipated. They’ve been building up their army for a while now.”

It was true. The battle was gruesome and many of the wolves lost their lives. Luckily we only lost two warriors the rest were the more inexperienced ones. They were still new to battle and, just out of training so they never even stood a chance against the rogues. 

Now that we know what we’re dealing with, we know what we have to do to stop them. It’s going to take a lot to bring them down. In fact we really needed to form an alliance with many of the other packs to get rid of them. This is the biggest rogue pack I’ve ever seen and it wasn’t going to be easy.

“I’ve got to get dressed and go get Kiela but feel free to make yourself at home here.” I said walking up the stairs to my room.

I have been away from her too long and I needed to be with her now. She was probably scared and worried about me and I didn’t want her to feel that way. I wanted her to know I was fine.

I entered the bathroom to take a quick shower and then got dressed. I didn’t want to be all bloody and dirty when I saw her again so I felt the need to clean up before I went to her.

“I’m glad to see your back.” Dad greeted walking into my room.

“You two, it was rough out there. Are the rest of the pack back yet?”

“They are.” He nodded. “You need to address them soon.”

“I’m going to get Kiela and bring her here and then I will.” I answered putting on a jacket.

“Son, I know she’s your mate but as future Alpha you need to address your pack first. Many of them have just lost their lives and some of those wolves were most of our packs friends and family. We need to let them know who we lost and offer our condolences. Then we need to assure them we are going to take care of this rogue problem.”

I sighed knowing he was right. I just wish I had her here with me to do it. It had already been so long but I guess it’s going to be a little bit longer now. As soon as I’m done I’m rushing strait over there and taking her in my arms and never letting her go again.