Chapter 7- Jeremy

(Chapter 7- Jeremy)

I hit ignore for the sixth time on my phone since we left this morning. Tyler obviously wasn’t getting the message that I didn’t want to talk to him right now. I was still way to upset about last night to say anything to him. Yes I know it wasn’t entirely his fault and was partly mine to but that didn’t make it any better.

Again my phone rang making the seventh time he has called me today. God just give up already! I want to be left alone. I wish I could scream that at my phone but then I would have some explaining to do to my parents and that was defiantly not a conversation I felt like having with them.

Dad put on his signal and pulled into what looked like a newly built gas station on the side of the road. I don’t who puts a nice gas station like this out here in the middle of nowhere but oh well.

“Just stopping for some gas and to stretch our legs, don’t wonder off to far though because we are leaving in exactly ten minutes.” Dad warned.

“I won’t.” I said.

Dad pulled up to one of the pumps and got out to get some gas while mom went into the service station leaving alone. I decided to take dads advice and walk around a little bit since we had been driving for a solid three hours and still had an hour to go.

I opened the back door and got out when my phone buzzed again. This time it wasn’t a call, it was a text. I groaned before making the decision to read it.

Tyler: Why the hell don’t you answer your phone? If you don’t call me back I’m send the pack out looking for you.

“Ugh.” I screamed. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

I looked up from my phone long enough to see and elderly couple looking at me disapprovingly. Well if they had a problem with it then they could leave. I had more important thing to focus on then what they thought. Like Tyler coming after me for example. Now I guess I have to call him.

Just breathe Kiela, you can get through this. My finger lingered over top of the call button for a little bit before I got the courage enough to call. I took in a deep slow breath before hitting the button.

Within two rings Tyler picked up the phone?

“What the hell Kiela.” He screamed through the phone. “Why did you just run off like that?”

I flinched at the sound of his screaming, he had never done that to me before. I guess he was really mad now. I’m glad I’m three hours away from him.

“I had to leave with my parents.” I defended. “I left you a note.”

“That’s my point. You shouldn’t have left me a note; you should have woken me up. I would have gone with you.” He roared.

“Tyler calm down ok. I just need to be with my family right now. I’m having a hard enough time dealing with all this without you yelling at me.” I replied calmly.

I could hear his breathing slow down and become more even when I said that. I was glad for it too. I hope it worked.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that we mated just last night and when I woke up and you weren’t here I lost it.” He admitted.

“I know but I had to come.”

“I still think you should have let me come with you. I could have been there to support you. I didn’t even know your Aunt died. It hurts that you don’t tell me these things Kiela.” He said. “We’re mates for God sakes. We should know everything about each other.”

I sighed in defeat. I guess in some way he was right but I still wouldn’t change it. I wanted to be with my parents alone. I really needed some time away for him and everything else.