→ v. can he trust?

☪ ꕥ ☪

☪ ꕥ ☪

It was 3 p.m. in the afternoon when they finished the new patient's operation. Jacob was exhausted. (He could explain and ramble about the case if he wasn't in such a weary state, but since he was, he's just going to zone out and shut up.)

Jacob can barely keep his eyes open. It was his 14th time doing this kind of surgery, but this one was the longest. He was grateful that he didn't mess it up. His damn brother wasn't on his mind anymore, thank God for that (maybe because he finally found a flat to live in).

Now, Jacob was standing outside the hospital with his friend, Dr. Somoso. He was chatting beside him about this pub his lover had told him about; he wanted to invite Jacob, but he denied, still, Dr. Somoso continued to talk.

"--and they have Fruit salad! Hah! Can you believe that? A pub with a Fruit salad!" He exclaimed and stopped when he notice Jacob wasn't listening.

"Cobb, you need to stop doing that." He muttered, Jacob didn't budge, he stared at the road with his lips parted.

"Jacob!" Dr. Somoso elbowed him on his side.

He yelped and scrunched his nose at him. "What?" he hissed.

"You alright? Because you're doing it again," He asked, with hint of concern in his voice.

"I'm fine, just. Tired..." he croaked.

"Do you want me to drive you home? My car is park--" Unfortunately, the doctor was cut short when his phone rang from his pocket. He rolled his eyes, took out her phone, and accepted the call. "Yes?"

Jacob sigh and patted Dr. Somoso twice on his shoulder and said, "You can go, I'll see you tomorrow."

He nodded and smiled at him. "Yeah, sure I'll see ya tomorrow."

Jacob stood there watching his friend walk away. He sighed for the umpteenth time, he reached into his pocket, pulled out his phone dialing for a cab. He waited at least 6 minutes until the cab arrived, it pulled up in front of him, and he hopped in.

"Where are to?" inquired the cabbie.

"221b baker street." He stared at his phone for a moment, debating whether or not to call his friend (not a doctor friend). Jacob wasn't sure if he could trust him, but they've known each other since they were teenagers.

The three of them were used to be the best of friends; Jacob, Tiann and his brothers. Despite the fact that his brothers and Tiann were closer. That's why Jacob questioned whether or not he could trust his friend. Who knows, if he calls this friend and tell him where he was staying, this friend might betray him and reveal his location to his brother.

But he really needs help right now.

Jacob curse under his breath and dialed his friends number.
Within a single ring someone answered.

"Hey Jacob! I'm surprised you called, what's up?" his friend greeted happily from the other line.

"I found a flat, and I need you to bring all my things to--"

"Wait--what? I-I thought your brother was just kidding about kicking you out."

"He told you he kicked me out?"

"He kinda did, when we we're... having breakfast. I thought he was kidding because he was laughing." his friend replied quietly.

"I need help, I don't want to go back to the house," he inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly through his nose, "Can you bring my stuff, please?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure anything you need. where should I bring it though?"

He was hesitant at first, it took him half a minute before he answered. "Don't tell my brother where I'm staying, please? I don't want him to come after me if he needs something from me again."

"Yeah, yeah sure. But you know that your brother can tract you down right?"

"I know what I'm going to do when I see him again, I'm gonna punch his face because I never really got a chance to do it."

Jacob heard his friend chuckled, "So where's your flat located?"

"221b... Baker street..."

"Jacob... Why... The absolute dumb--" There was a long pause, followed by a heavy sigh. "Jacob, you are an idiot. You know--" his friend started blabbing about pros and cons about living in Baker street for no reason. Jacob was fighting the urge to end the call, he wasn't in the mood for lecture hence didn't listen, he zoned out again, staring at the buildings they passed.

"--and you know the worst part. You'll be a part of the --"

"I'm going to do what I have to do. I don't care what Ems says." Jacob finally cut in, resting his head on the window, gazing outside.
"Pack my things, all of it. Bring my clothes, blankets and Bed sheets, first. My drawings too."

"okay."

"If you tell my brother. I'm never talking to you."

"Fine, sure, I'm gonna Bring all your stuff. I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Bring Shealtiel too okay? Be careful with her. .. And also my car." Jacob tiredly instructed.

"of course..." he heard his friend whispered. "Like I've got any choice."

"Thanks tiann... I don't owe you anything."