Chapter 2- shattered

Luke's POV

It was a year after the accident. All the promises they made me, all the things everyone said were lies. She never remembered me. We tried so hard. We showed her photos, messages but nothing. She only thought I was a friend, and it hurt me so bad.

I stared at her sitting across from me. A smile on her face, her hazel eyes, bright and vibrant. Her fingers were wrapped around another hand. She rested her head in his shoulder.

"Luke!" Calum yelled.

"What?" I groaned sitting up a bit.

"I was calling your name forever. Do you need anything?" Yes a reversal of time, my girl back.

"No."

"Okay I'll be back. Try not to kill Ash okay?"

"I've refrained for six months what is another 5 minutes." I grumbled. I was an asshole to Calum and Michael a lot lately. I didn't want to be but I couldn't help it, I just felt like shit all the time.

"I know. I'm sorry." Calum apologized. He was so good to me. With that he left.

I felt the couch sink next to me and I looked to see Jess. My heart fluttered and I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.

"Got plans tonight?" I smiled at how she still talked to me. She got over her fear of me after 4 months. I guess it finally clicked that when her family kept inviting my over I was someone.

After 5 months we just kind of gave up on trying to get her to remember. It was too hard and I hated seeing her frustrated. She knew she couldn't remember something, but she had no idea what, and she would get so mad at herself.

After that I figured I would just try and win her back, start over with her. But it didn't work. I showed up to her door, flowers in hand, and asked her on a date. She broke me when she said she liked someone else, and that she just wanted to be my friend.

So here we were, just friends.

"Do I ever?" I asked laughing.

"Want to come over. Rebecca said she misses you." I hadn't really been to their house in a couple months. It was just too painful to go back.

She remembered her family so quickly, it was only a month and try came back to her. It trickled back, but nevertheless it came back. When we weren't sting she always told me that I was just like her family, that I held the same value to her. But she never remembered me.

"Yeah okay."

"You know I really am sorry. I try to remember. I just- I just can't." She always felt terrible, and it made me feel like a dick. Here she was as an angel and I slumped around.

"I'm not mad at you. And it is okay." In reality, it wasn't okay. I was in pain, a lot of it.

She just nodded and returned to her spot on the couch. She cuddled into his arms, burying her face into his neck. He leaned down and kissed her forehead, something I always did.

She leaned up and looked to him. Their lips connected and they began to kiss. They pulled away and she snuggled into him again. "I love you Jess." He said to her.

"I love you too Ash." My girlfriend and my best friend. When she woke up she didn't want me, she fell for him. And everyday my heart shatters.

___________________________I really hope you guys are Liking this. Please remember to comment and leave feed back and stuff. I'll update when I get over 2 votes. Gotta start out low right? Anyway hope you enjoy it!