Chapter 14- starting over

Jess's POV

I looked at the floor, observing a crumpled body that belonged to Luke. Ashton knocked him pretty hard, and given that Luke wasn't expecting it, the punch caused him to fall to the ground.

I just sat there looking at him as he stood up. "We don't have to talk." He said his voice strange.

"But Luke I wan-" he cut me off.

"But you do have to listen," he paused, walking over to the seat across from me.

"Jess I am so sorry, I acted irrationally. I'm not going to use 'I was drunk' as an excuse because being drunk only makes it easier for me to tell you the truth. What I said, should have been said. You deserved to know, and I deserved to say it. However how I said it should have been much better and for that I am sorry.

"We dated Jess, for a long time and you loved me. I still love you. I am holding onto this hope that you will remember, and when you don't I hate myself and I guess I take it out on you. You don't deserve that. I know you are happy and you love Ashton. So please don't break up with him in my account.

"I want you to stop feeling guilty, to stop feeling like you hurt me, because though you did, you couldn't help it." He finally stopped. Breathing hard.

"I don't want to be a dick to you, and I always want to be in your life, even if that means I am just your friend." He seemed like he was finally done. "Thank you for listening, and I really truly am sorry." He went to stand up, slowly extending his knees.

"Luke," I started "I am sorry too. And I know that you don't want me to feel that way but I will." I paused as the past flashbacks come rushing to my head. The blurry figure morphed into Luke. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I knew there was only one thing I could do to make this better. To make all of it go away.

"I think we should just start over. I know that sounds cheesy and typical, but we should. You should go around knowing things, but all your feelings for me will be of the past. All my actions and guilt will be there too. I know it may be hard but it is all I can think of to do from this point on."

"Yeah," Luke nodded. "Starting over."

_________________________
Sorry it has been a little while but here it is!!