It had been a very long time since he had attended any wedding or any kind of party, he didn't even had been in type of any communication with any of his friends, relatives were a part of his life he avoided in every way he could. He just loved his loneliness.. away from any companion, so that he could silently burn his own soul in the thoughts and memories of her... of Emma. He believed he deserved it. He deserved to burn in his own hell.

He had a very important business meeting in an hour, but that wasn't the reason why he had this painful lump in his throat.

He couldn't help but glance at the newly married couple standing over there on the stage people congratulating them, wishing all the happiness for their new life together. They looked so happy, the groom said something leaning close towards the bride which made her blush all red. Brandan had been watching them passing those dreamy looks and meanigfull smiles every now and then, it was as if the atmosphere was getting brighter by each second at the touch of their love.

Love, which they had and he didn't.

Brandan looked away and blinked several times to hide the sadness... the emotions in them. He imagined himself and Emma in a beautiful white bridal gown over there, lost into each others eyes... in love and pure happiness. But that was impossible now. He had led her to a place from where no one ever returns.

He felt jealous of that couple who were now posing in romantic ways looking at the camera, they looked perfect. Emma and him would have also looked perfect and so happy like this, if he just had the guts to concentrate on his feelings for her and stop being such a fool.

"Brandan..."

He looked up to see Martha making her way to him, another lady and a slim looking girl in a too much revealing short dress following her.

Martha pointed at him enthusiastically. "Over there. He's over there."

Brandan recognized the look of pride shining in her mothers eyes. He hadn't any idea of how could she still look at him with such pride after all that he had done he didn't deserve that.

Martha introduced the lady and the slim girl with him and after a while of talking he could realize that his mother was trying to be a matchmaker. When the girl with so much make up plastered all over her face saying something flirty leaned in closer to him in an almost indecent way, Brandan jumped backwards. The girl whose name was Tina or something - stared at him confused. If he was the old Brandan, he wouldn't hesitate to take full advantage of what was literally falling at his feet but... things had changed now. Emma had changed him for good and if being a celibate for the rest of his life seemed freaky then he was happily ready to be that freak.

Brandan looked at Martha who was busy with that older lady sharing all the stories of his success in business with all the added, extra and sometimes made up details.

Totally ignoring the thing that was named Tina, Brandan excused himself said a quick farewell to Martha and without waiting to listen to her protests stormed out of there.

Why couldn't they get that he wanted no one else? No one but Emma. As he drove towards his office, a permanent scowl and creased brows had already adored his face.

A long way to go. No, not to the office. But to the end of his life when he would finally meet her.

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

After getting some healthy foods and of course vegetables in Sarah and Sammy's little stomach Emma was doing the dishes. The kids were sat on the tidied kitchen table now and painting away happily.

Sarah was humming a song while drawing her favorite thing - butterflies in various colors. Sammy was busy drawing a bus, Emma had noticed that he was quite fascinated with those big transports.

She was washing the ceramic salad bowl when Sarah asked with a cute frown. "Mommy, where is my pink crayon?"

Emma glanced over her shoulder to discover a frantic Sarah searching for her favorite color. She remembered, the pink crayon had finished. So she tried damage control. "Sarah... try some other color honey, yellow butterflies look so much better right ?"

Sarah's grumpy shrieks pierced Emma's ears. "No! I want my pink one... pink... pink... pink..."

Not lifting his head up Sammy said in a monotonous tone. "Pink is so girly Sarah, take this blue one."

Sarah folded her arms over her chest with a cute pout on her face, her whole posture looked so adorable. "I am a girl and I no like blue, pink.. pink.. pink... pink... is better."

Sammy now lifted his head up. "Blue is better.."

Sarah protested shaking her head. "Is not."

"Is too." Sammy too shook his head while yelling.

Emma dumped the slippery plate in the sink inhaling a deep breath and faced the children. She was about to scold them but when she looked at Sarah - on the verge of crying, her heart went out and jumped off the window.

Clapping her hands dismissively she announced smiling. "Okay there... stop fighting, we are going shopping. Let's buy you two some new crayons."

"Yeahhh!"

Sarah squealed in happiness and slipped off her chair, she jumped up and down happily clapping her hands.

Sammy stood by her, trying to stop the corners of his lips lifting upwards in a grin. Always the tough guy.

Emma left a contented sigh. She could still remember the day when she found out that she was pregnant. To say she was shocked would be an understatement.

She had just came to this new city, everything was so new... so much weird... a big bad world before her. She found herself a job in a restaurant as a waitress. Days were going so and so, and then she discovered that she was going to be a mother. Now it was more than just herself she had to look after, it was like the sky had fallen down upon her head too hard.. too fast.. and also had given her a ride to the most beautiful rainbows in the seventh skies. Emma was excited, overwhelmed with happiness.. anticipated for the new phase in her life and at the same time scared shitless. She was just getting over her past and now she had to get her head around the whole pregnancy thing.

And slowly her attempts to find a secure, stable and decent job saw the light of day. For not only herself but the newcomer angel in her life, every step she took was a battle and every success - a milestone.

And the day when she found out not only one but two stars were falling down to earth and into her lonely life, she cried... she cried in happiness. Any kind of anger she had towards God was gone. Rest of the five years that followed was history.

Half an hour later, the battalion of three was seen walking down the street with Sarah holding her right hand and Sammy clutching the hem of her shirt. Each one of them was smiling, exploring around, laughing and simply being a happy family of three.

But something was still missing. A void so unnoticed or rather avoided yet enormous was lurking there unannounced, waiting to be filled.

______________________________

__________________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked reading this chapter. If you do please remember to vote and comment, your responses to my work are very very precious to me.

So, before leaving I want to ask you this question. Do you like Sarah and Sammy, the twin kiddo's characters? And what are your thoughts about Brandan being a celibate since Emma left? Do you sympathize him or do you still feel angry? Lemme know, okay...

Take care. Will see you soon with the next updt. Tada. :)