PASSING A GRAVEYARD

When people think of having a day off, usually their idea is to kick back and relax with no distractions. And for some, their off-days may even be spent organizing a room or doing paperwork.

You clearly weren't a normal case.

Apparently, Mully and his daughter had headed off to a robotics convention the night before, apologizing via text about how abrupt their disappearance had been. You completely understood, having plenty of spur-of-the-moment experiences yourself.

Plus, you really needed to gather your thoughts regarding the past few days. Part of you hoped that Frank would come to you sooner than later.

Speaking of that— you were incredibly lucky to have him help you out of that situation yesterday. It hadn't hit you until later how dire your circumstances were.

You could've literally died and that motherfucker stopped it. Of course, he didn't really execute it in a protagonist vigilante fashion. You weren't living a slice of life novel. To put it as an easily understood metaphor; you were a sparkly piñata and God was a child with anger issues at his birthday party. Also, the kid found out his parents were divorcing. ALSO also, you were full of his favorite candy.

And, fuck, that kid played baseball. He hit hard.

Nevermind all that. You had a day away from work to re-evaluate things and perhaps even go see Tallulah to apologize for not showing. If you told her you were nearly mugged, she'd witchhunt the two kids and burn their houses down. You were able to come up with an excuse while Frank took you home.

At the moment, it was kind of patronizing to be chaperoned like that. Of course, you can't really pick and choose how you get saved. It only got through your head that he was ensuring your safety the very next morning. Which was where you were at.

You woke up with the taste of metal on your tongue, limbs still weak from the evening before. To say you felt like shit would be an incredible understatement.

You still took care of yourself, though. Showered, ate, fed the cat, all of it. As much as your body begged for a break, you had to keep moving in order to think properly, despite feeling like you'd downed a bottle of calamine.

It wasn't until about eleven in the morning that you'd received a text. The optimistic side of you hoped it was Tally, but alas.

Come outside, bring your wallet

Was the guy ever even a bit casual with the way he spoke? Frank didn't even have a contact and you'd know it was him. He was always so uncanny.

why omfg im literally just vibing
you can come inside

No, I cant

Can't your ASS. He'd already robbed you of peaceful time at work and an easy week, and sure, that sucks. But taking away your leisure day? That's crossing the line.

Were going somewhere
Where
Wear
We're
Duck
FUCK
Sorry

Nah, you can't stay mad at him.

You'd stand from your chair, cracking your back and fixing your posture. Wherever you were going, you'd go in pajamas. Blue plaid pants and a black shirt would be fine.

You made sure to snatch up your wallet this time, proceeding to stuff your phone in the pocket of your baggy pants. You'd reach over to your sink where Venus was settled, give her a quick scritch on the forehead, then stroll out to the hall.